No More Green Puss Possible Pemphigus

kelly21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all I,m not a vet but I have to share this with you.my cat has had green avocado colored puss oozing out of her nailbedds for a year now.I tried soaking them in epsolm salt or hydrogen peroxide and thought it helped it kept coming fightback the vet tested her and said it wasn't fungal or bacterial and the only way to see if it was pemphigus was to remove a whole nail which I did not do. Anyway, her fur smelled so bad of the green then dried black puss I gave her a bath in a no rinse waterless shampoo with coconut lime verbena and oatmeal but I did rinse her with water and let her toes soak in the water and shampoo mix for 10 minutes. The next day the puss disappeared and Almost 2weeks later only one claw has a tiny bit of puss coming it of it. I did one more soak with 3squirts of shampoo and water yesterday and will check claw tmw. Mind you I am not a vetjust a regular guy who loves cats .I was so scared I would have to put her down but after the soaking and bath her claws are 99 percent puss free

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kelly21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
PS if you do bath your kitty in the shampoo don't rinseher head under the waterwater, just use a wet facecloth wipiing away from the eyes

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks! That information is going to help someone down the line! Love to see the "crazy cat guys" on here! And that "crazy cat person" thing has nothing to do with the number of cats you have, it's a state of mind!

kelly21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I also did another soak in esolm salt too try and drain the last bit from her nail the next day . icant believe the difference after the shampoo though. No more puss or crying when I touch her toes

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's so strange that with that much puss and sign of infection that there wasn't one. I'm glad that its cleared up. Salt is good at killing bacteria. did the vet ever give her any antibiotics?

kelly21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes ,first antibiotics then an auto immune supresor. Hr wanted to put her on prefnisone bout I couldn't afford it. A feline dermatologist is what he suggested but I can't afford that either. Nt with all the snackies I give them plus 2cans of fancy feast a day lol.plus I use fresh for life all natural grass litter instead of harsh clay based litter with anti odor stuff that could seep into her nail beds like it had when I first noticed her was were swollen