No more Fresh Results litter!

tiamia-atl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks Ginny, but I can't use clay as too much dust.  It's also very heavy and I am on a 4th floor with no elevator.  The Blue walnut litter also produced too much dust, was sharp underfoot (like stepping on broken glass!) and that brown walnut dust went everywhere, really made a mess.  It also disagreed with Chloe and that's when her asthma problems seemed to start.  It coated the baseboards, bathroom floor and walls with brown dust, so you can imagine what it does to your pet's lungs (and yours!).  I really like the cleanness and lightness of corncob litter, but Walmart's Littermaid brand litter is a poor substitute for Fresh Results.  I'm going to check out other corncob litters this weekend at PetSmart to see if I can find something less expensive than Nature's Miracle because I completely clean out my cats' litter box every weekend and go through a large bag every 2 weeks. I really loved Fresh Results and supposedly it is same stuff as Nature's Miracle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pisces7386

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ginny,

I was a bit concerned about the wheat being more of an allergen than walnut, but when I searched online I found more posts and comments about cats having issues with the walnut than the wheat. My cats actually had bald spots and rashes that cleared up once I switched away from clay litter. (Personally, I think the clay litter may have played a roll in our cat's urinary blockage)

It is good to know what types of reactions can be caused by different litters, and it is very important to pay attention to your specific cat.  Thank you for the heads up!

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ginny,

I was a bit concerned about the wheat being more of an allergen than walnut, but when I searched online I found more posts and comments about cats having issues with the walnut than the wheat. My cats actually had bald spots and rashes that cleared up once I switched away from clay litter. (Personally, I think the clay litter may have played a roll in our cat's urinary blockage)

It is good to know what types of reactions can be caused by different litters, and it is very important to pay attention to your specific cat.  Thank you for the heads up!
No problem!  I appreciate hearing other's experiences with products too.  It helps me make better decisions.  Personally I worry about the cloud of dust with clay litter.  I even tried Dr. Elsey's Respiratory (low dust) litter.  It's pretty expensive but I still saw some dust rise, not as much though.  I guess there's no such thing as perfect litter.  Maybe if you had a mulch bed outside?  In an enclosure for their safety?

halfadozen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know if Walmart played a part in the change but I think the manufacturer made the change. When I contacted the company they told me that Litter Maid was the same litter repackaged but it is not. It had a perfume scent and my cats won't use it.  I have to try to return 7 bags to Walmart. I don't know why companies feel the need to change a good product.  

franny1949

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I made the same disappointing discovery at my local Walmart the past couple of days and just got off the phone with one of their managers who confirmed it! I absolutely LOVE Fresh Results and, like you say, that Littermaid litter is NOT the same, not light and fluffy like Fresh Results and it has a strong chemical scent, whereas Fresh Results smelled fresh and clean, like cedar shavings. I wonder if Littermaid's corn is organic and as good a quality as Fresh Results. The Fresh Results litter has completely different texture and kept their litter box so clean - didn't stick and I could flush the clumps with no plumbing issues. I change out my cats' litter box completely twice a week and scoop 2-3 times a day. I like a clean house and my 2 kitty-girls like a clean litter box. You can order Fresh Results through Chewy and others for home delivery, but it's 3-4 times more expensive! I'll keep looking for a store that carries Fresh Results. PetSmart and Petco do not carry. Petco told me to try Pet Supplies Plus as they carry more off brand products. Will let you know if I find Fresh Results there.

After reading the reviews on Litter Maid, I won't even bother trying it. I was also a Fresh Results buyer for a few years; now that it's discontinued, I've returned to what I used before that (for many years) - World's Best Cat Litter brand, and I particularly like the lavender scent. I have five cats and they all like it. Good odor control and excellent clumping capability. I've been buying it from Chewy.com. Just received today a 28 lb. bag, which I paid $21.93 for, on sale. I think that's a good price. I was spending $7.00 to $8.00 for the 10 lb. bag of Fresh Results at Walmart (store and .com). So that's just about the same expense, plus a few pennies. For us it's worth it - I also buy cat food and treats, so I get free shipping and that 28 lb. bag's no joke - gets delivered right to my door. FAST NEXT DAY DELIVERY for no extra charge, and Chewy has great customer service. Try getting that from Walmart !

tiamia-atl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
After reading the reviews on Litter Maid, I won't even bother trying it. I was also a Fresh Results buyer for a few years; now that it's discontinued, I've returned to what I used before that (for many years) - World's Best Cat Litter brand, and I particularly like the lavender scent. I have five cats and they all like it. Good odor control and excellent clumping capability. I've been buying it from Chewy.com. Just received today a 28 lb. bag, which I paid $21.93 for, on sale. I think that's a good price. I was spending $7.00 to $8.00 for the 10 lb. bag of Fresh Results at Walmart (store and .com). So that's just about the same expense, plus a few pennies. For us it's worth it - I also buy cat food and treats, so I get free shipping and that 28 lb. bag's no joke - gets delivered right to my door. FAST NEXT DAY DELIVERY for no extra charge, and Chewy has great customer service. Try getting that from Walmart !

tiamia-atl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I haven't tried the World's Best Litter in the lavender scent. I have been using SwheatScoop since Fresh Results was discontinued and have been very pleased. It scoops well, clumps better than Fresh Results and the litter box stays clean. It is great at controlling odor and I flush the clumps down the toilet with no plumbing issues. I scoop 2-3 times a day and clean out box every weekend. Cats have no issues with it, but they are both very chill cats. ;-)

Deeskis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Grrr! Walmart has done it again- I go to buy litter today and there is no more Fresh Results Corn Cob Litter! They replaced it with 'Litter Maid Premium Corn Cob' which has a picture of the fresh results on it! It is scented and has a different texture though. Not cool at all!

Does anyone have another corn based ( or plant based) unscented litter that isn't killing their wallet?
Pity me! I operate a cat sanctuary and scoop20+ litter pans twice a day, every day. Like others, I loved the Fresh Results. And I certainly cannot afford the price hike. What we have switched to is Arm and Hammer's Naturals Multi-Cat Litter. I can get 18 lb. for a little less than $15. Do I like it as much as Fresh Results? NO! But is is corn and plant based litter, the cats accepted it and it is biodegradable. Since I usually buy 6 bags at a pop, shipping is usually free, whether I buy it from amazon, Walmart or Jet.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didn't read all the replies but I use just regular ole pine pellets from tractor supply. It's less than 6 for a 40 lb bag that lasts 12 cats (o, sorry 10 that use the box) about a month per bag but no less than 3 weeks. It also has made my once very sneezy kitty (they said it was an unknown allergy) completely stop sneezing. I think it lasts way longer and with 10 box users and 2 diaper users cost is a MAJOR factor. That's a lot of how I can afford to rescue and foster so many. Hope this helps, and I don' see this going away or the price going way up anytime soon

Gremlin's Guesthouse

Rescue Sanctuary
Young Cat
Purraise
I found myself in the same boat. After 30 years in rescue, I have gone through every litter on the marke
Grrr! Walmart has done it again- I go to buy litter today and there is no more Fresh Results Corn Cob Litter! They replaced it with 'Litter Maid Premium Corn Cob' which has a picture of the fresh results on it! It is scented and has a different texture though. Not cool at all!

Does anyone have another corn based ( or plant based) unscented litter that isn't killing their wallet?

Gremlin's Guesthouse

Rescue Sanctuary
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry folks. My first time. As I was saying, after 30 years in rescue I've tried every litter on the market. There have been some good ones, and Fresh Results so far tops the list. Purrfect performance, and at $5.99/10# an unbeatable price. I was maintaining 16 litter boxes, and "disappointed" doesn't begin to describe it when WalMart discontinued this litter (most likely due to the tremendous hike in price from the manufacturer). These people had a good, affordable product, and I think all the great reviews went to their heads. Now, at $27+ a bag, there is no way I will pay as much or more for cat litter as I do for good quality food. Something that gets thrown in the garbage in a few weeks is NOT worth over $2 a pound. The Litter Maid replacement is not the same, does not clump well at all, and after purchasing 24 bags, I sent 12 of them back. And it looks like that product has been discontinued as well.

I have switched to World's Best as my second choice. Anyone with cats knows there's no such thing as "no or low tracking" litter, but it is pretty low dust, handles odors just fine as long as you keep your box scooped daily, and at least it's under a dollar a pound.

Kris Milochik

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I just found this and ordered 8 bags. #20 bag is $17 with free FedX shipping. I am impressed with the description and the price comes out to $7.25 for 10# which isn't too bad. About Beth Anne’s Finest | Beth Anne's Finest All-Natural Cat Litter

Gremlin's Guesthouse

Rescue Sanctuary
Young Cat
Purraise

Gremlin's Guesthouse

Rescue Sanctuary
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know if Walmart played a part in the change but I think the manufacturer made the change. When I contacted the company they told me that Litter Maid was the same litter repackaged but it is not. It had a perfume scent and my cats won't use it. I have to try to return 7 bags to Walmart. I don't know why companies feel the need to change a good product.
I agree, it was probably the manufacturer. Walmart usually tries to sell the cheapest of everything. My guess would be they read all the great reviews and thought, wow! we could make a fortune on this stuff. Big mistake! No, your litter is NOT worth more than premium cat food.

And Litter Maid is not the same stuff.

TiaLoca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just found this thread after learning that my local Texas grocery has discontinued Fresh Results. A friend says he is using World's Best and I plan to try that over the next few weeks.
Tracked down the Fresh Results corporate website, from there to ProSense brand site, and found Litter Maid in both corn cob and walnut varieties. I've sent a query to the company, asking is this is same/similar to Fresh Results. But Litter Maid is only sold in my area at WallyWorld and Petco and I would rather not deal with Wally....

Last edited by a moderator:

Gremlin's Guesthouse

Rescue Sanctuary
Young Cat
Purraise
I just found this thread after learning that my local Texas grocery has discontinued Fresh Results. A friend says he is using World's Best and I plan to try that over the next few weeks.
Tracked down the Fresh Results corporate website, from there to ProSense brand site, and found Litter Maid in both corn cob and walnut varieties. I've sent a query to the company, asking is this is same/similar to Fresh Results. But Litter Maid is only sold in my area at WallyWorld and Petco and I would rather not deal with Wally....
Have no idea what the Fresh Results folks could be thinking, except to guess they really don't want to be in the cat litter business? Absolutely ridiculous price for cat litter and certainly now unaffordable for me. Litter Maid does not come close to performing well and I do not recommend it -- in any variety. You will hear the same from other reviews. And WalMart no longer carries it.

I think the product that comes closest to Fresh Results is the Arm and Hammer Naturals. However, it does have what I think is a citrus odor (which is repugnant to cats), while others describe it as a pine odor. I asked the company, and I believe they said there is nothing in it other than corn cob (it was a long time ago), so don't know what to say. I don't use it because of the odor.

I have gone back to World's Best. As long as the multi-cat costs the same as regular, I buy the multi-cat (although I really can't tell any difference between the two). It has always been expensive, and then got a bit cheaper, which is why I began using it. However, the price seems to be creeping up again, so shop around. I tried the lavender fragrance, and cats would not go near it. Really, they don't like fragrance of any kind -- unless it's chicken or fish :)

I and a friend both tried Beth Ann's and we were not happy with it -- strong odor, powdery and uneven consistency. Cats didn't care for it, either. But Beth Ann is a very nice gal and very eco conscious.

World's Best is low dust, even granular consistency and mild to no odor. It clumps nicely, clumps remove cleanly, and as long as you keep your box(es) scooped, there is no odor. I don't believe you can expect a litter to control odor for very long if you don't remove the waste on a regular basis. And who wants to go potty in a dirty toilet?

Hope this helps with your decision making.