No Interest In Drinking Water Post-vaccinations

permanentruby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat got her three year PureVax rabies and distemper on Saturday morning. It's now been 48 hours. For the first day, she was pretty tired and lethargic. Yesterday she was more alert, and was eating small amounts of food. She usually drinks her water immediately after eating. However, she won't go near any water now. She is getting water from wet food, and I even put extra water in her can of wet food so she'd get that, but it's obviously still concerning me that she won't drink her normal water.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips? I called the emergency vet line last night and all they really said was to keep giving her wet food and adding water to it. I plan to talk to her regular vet today and ask if she should be seen again.

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ailish drinks water very rarely, although I do keep it available to her. When I got her and she was eating dry food she drank fairly frequently. However, she now gets three wet meals with water added and one dry meal a day and it seems to be enough without her drinking extra.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She is probably getting plenty of water with the wet, especially since you are adding water to it. What did your vet say?