no cat love

beastnhutch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got a Bengal cat about 2 1/2 weeks ago she is a year old I adopted her my problem is that she will not let us hold her and she acts extremely scared every time somebody moves are there any tricks I can use to make her feel more comfortable in my house.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First, put her in a small room, like a spare bathroom or one bedroom, with her food, water, and litter box.  She needs to feel completely safe and protected and comfortable.  That may take several days.  Visit with her.  Sit on the floor and talk to her, but don't stare at her. 

Those are just a few quick suggestions.

trixshar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First, put her in a small room, like a spare bathroom or one bedroom, with her food, water, and litter box.  She needs to feel completely safe and protected and comfortable.  That may take several days.  Visit with her.  Sit on the floor and talk to her, but don't stare at her. 

Those are just a few quick suggestions.
This is excellent advice. I had a co-worker that tamed a couple of adolescent feral cats this way, using a large closet. She just sat with them, often not even talking. She only left them a little dry food all day, so they would associate her arrival with the good stuff (canned food) they would get then.

Also, do give her toys - Bengals are high-energy and very bright.