Nineteenth Adoption Anniversary

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello, everyone! This is Sarah. My mother is known here as ericsmom1000. Eric is my kid brother -- an orange (ginger) cat like me, but his hair is shorter than mine.

Today is an important day in my life because 19 years ago today -- August 23, 1998 -- my mother adopted me. I was a scared kitten, three months old, dumped at a local church because I was unwanted.

Mother took me in, and I have been with her ever since. Eric came into our lives in October 2002, two months after moving back to Southern California after three years in Las Vegas. Mother took Eric in on January 15, 2003, after learning his previous owners had moved and left him behind. He had an upper respiratory infection, so that was another reason Mother took him in. He is two years younger than me.

I know how lucky I was to have found a furever home. I know so many cats and kittens do not, so I want to thank Mother for giving me a wonderful life, and for always making me feel beautiful and loved.

I love you, Mother. My feline parents must have crossed the Rainbow Bridge by now, but they surely are delighted I have had such a loving home all these years.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Happy Belated Adoption / Gotcha Day Sarah. Nineteen years is a long time! My 4-year adoption day will be coming up on November 12. I was a grown girl, though, when my Mama rescued me from the shelter. I'm not exactly sure how old I am, but my nice vet thinks I was 2 or 3 when I came in for my post-adoption checkup, so I'm probably 6 or 7 now.

I'm also a Ginger, like you and Eric. My Mama just posted my pic on the Happy Ginger Appreciation Day thread. You should see if your mom can post yours and Eric's pics there too.
(Link: Happy Ginger Cat Appreciation Day!)

- Ruby :winkcat: