Nightlight Colour?

Luchia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey Everyone

Hoping to get some advice on this one, due to a disability I need to have a nightlight on in the hallway at night(to get to bathroom etc), I’ve bought a LED light that can change colour and brightness and wondered what would be the best colour for my kitty?
I know to avoid white as it is quite a harsh colour for them, can set the light to any colour and also set it quite dim but I want to set it to a colour that won’t bother her, a friend said certain colour lights can sooth and calm cats but she couldn’t recall which.

Thanks

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps blue? cats seems to like that color but I do think they would be fine with whatever color you like.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi there! I personally think that as long as the nightlight has a cover to help obscure the light, most any color will be fine. You also have to consider what will enable you to see best as well. I suspect you just need to do some experimenting, especially with the dim level, which is probably going to be more important to you than the cat!

I have yellow-ish tinted nightlights, in part due to the cover, one of which I just recently installed right over my cat's litter box, in case she needs the light at night. It hasn't impacted her one way or the other. But we have had nightlights of varying brightness throughout the house for a long time now, just none so close to her litter box - or her food/water.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Luchia

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the advice :D
I’m going to try blue as someone suggested, it’s set quite dim(50% brightness) and it does give a little light to where the litter boxes are so that’s an added bonus

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cats see best in low-light conditions so anything dim should be okay.

My cats do like us to leave only our salt lamps on sometimes so perhaps a yellowish light is good.

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't say what a calming color would be. My Yoshi's favorite color was neon green. When given a 4 or the same mice in different colors he always chose green. Even new so not by familiar smell. He stole all the green stuffed animals. I crochet, he learned young that yarn was not a toy. The only time he tried to bother it was when I was making a bright green scarf. Green didn't calm him down but he did enjoy it.