Night time Lovin'?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just curious if anyone else's cats do this:

About one to two nights a week, Luna will somehow wake me up in the early hours of the morning (3, 4, or 5 am) and just want big time lovin'. Despite my natural need to sleep I will give her some good rubs and scratches for 2-3 minutes and if she's happy she'll let me go back to sleep. The longest its ever lasted is maybe 5 minutes (not sure as I don't have a clock in front me). Then she'll settle down on my chest and we'll fall back to sleep.

What is even funnier is that now Patches is starting to do it to. I'm still getting use to her rouses though as Luna is only 10 lbs and Patches is 20-25 lbs and both wake me up by crawling on my chest. Last night I thought someone had sat on me, LOL!

Just curious if anyone else's cats do this or if I'm just spoiling the girls!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Harley does the same thing! Except sometimes he wants to play and sometimes he wants to be loved, all the while I'm trying to sleep and make him happy while I'm partially sleeping!
I figure if I can pet him until he goes to sleep for at least 2 minutes so we can both sleep the night thru, I don't have a problem with it...its when he starts licking my face and playing with my hair-thats when I get a little irritated!
But then I look at him with that cuter than cute face and I can't help but love him even more

I don't think your spoiling them-they just want to be loved!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely! Sierra has always done this. She awakens me by sitting just below my neck and taking turns with each front paw gently touching my face. Our night time loving is an essential part of our life, and I adore that special time we spend together!

Serenity still awakens me constantly throughout the night, either for a sweet snuggle, with her toy at my face to play, or to annouce that she's ready to eat!

What would I do without my sweet baby girls! (um, besides sleep, that is
)

ravin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep! Panter does that usually around 2 or 3 am he wants to snuggle and rub, he will take his face and just rub on my chin and cheek, lay down on my pillow and purr and his purr sounds like the sound the little germlin made in the movie. Differant from his normal purr.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, mine too! Max will wake me up during the night if he gets lonely by sucking my ear and purring loudly, at which point Alfie will realise I'm awake and join his brother! They get cuddles for a few minutes then gently put on the end of the bed, where they wander off and do whatever it is cats do at 2am. I wouldn't even consider getting annoyed by this behaviour, it's part of the reason I love them

hbrady

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Josie likes to wake me up at some point during the night by kneading my arm or my shoulder. I'll be half awake to give her some lovin' and then she'll curl up in my armpit with my arm around her.
Although lately, I've been sleeping pretty restlessly and I don't think she's been sleeping on the bed with me as much.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Absolutely! Sierra has always done this. She awakens me by sitting just below my neck and taking turns with each front paw gently touching my face. Our night time loving is an essential part of our life, and I adore that special time we spend together!

Serenity still awakens me constantly throughout the night, either for a sweet snuggle, with her toy at my face to play, or to annouce that she's ready to eat!

What would I do without my sweet baby girls! (um, besides sleep, that is
)
Stephanie, I always love how you describe your girls with such love
Cosette awakens me during the night for the same reasons Serenity does. Her favorite way, though, is by meowing "MEOOOOOOOOOOOOW" (in her whiniest voice) so that I'll go watch her eat
. I roll my eyes, but it is still the cutest thing.

Eponine likes the middle-of-the-night snuggles once or twice a week. She'll jump up on th bed (usually walking over Bradley, lol) and sort of burrow her little wet nose into whatever part of my body is not covered by sheets (normally my neck or arm). It's the sweetest thing and I NEVER mind being awakened for a snuggle

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sunni always woke me up by gently patting my face until I lifted the blankets for her to curl up by me. Sophie's a little more assertive. She just jumps on my face.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who is deprived of much needed sleep because of their kits. Petals and Tiggy are the only ones that bother us. Trixie and Bailey keep to themselves at night. Petals climbs up on my left shoulder and buries her face in my neck or across my neck when she sleeps. Tiggy sleeps by or between my knees and then about 4 climbs up on me and kneeds me till I wake up. His breakfast alarm goes off early!! LOL

vanessab25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can totally relate! I love being woken up my Nermal - she'll nudge me with her wet nose and purr like crazy
I don't mind the fact that I lose out on some sleep - that bond of love is so worth it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm loving these stories! Plus it makes me feel better that its OK to let them wake me up.
Luna always lets me know if I stop that shes not satisfied. She'll stick her nose under my hand and lift it up on her head. It just cracks me up how insistant she is about her lovin'!
Like I said Patches is just starting to do this to, so I get woken up twice. Luckily though they choose the same night. Then I can sleep the rest of the week.

lndscpsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Sluggo wakes me up too! All different hours of the night. He pushes his little persian face as tight as he can against my neck and makes this squealing pur sound. At the same time his little paws are going to town kneading the dickens out of my neck! I love it, but it reminds me to clip his claws often!! I wouldn't go without it, it's worth the loss of sleep!

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Peanut Butter still kneads my hair at nite when we lay down and pretty much still sleeps under my hair with just his tail exposed. Although when hubby comes home around 1230 at nite PB will greet him for some petting and then snuggle back under my hair. I sleep hard so i dont really feel PB move or anything -- Hubby tells me PB sleeps in my hair and greets him at nite-- otherwise id have no idea.

gilbertgrape

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh good, I was starting to think my cats were deranged. They always wake me up at night...they lick my face and Tom will sometimes cry until I let him under the covers. The best thing though was when Lucky gave my husband a love bite right on the butt! That was a rude awakening. Lol.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep the girls will do the same thing - usually around 3am and then at sunrise, I guess that's how their little clocks work. Sunday will just overwhelm herself and start chirping and head-butting and drooling but Sashka will hop onto your chest (or whatever the flattest part happens to be at the time) and stare at you until you wake up. It's quite creepy! And then when you are awake she kind of croakily meows at you until she gets some lovin'. Its so cute...

ixheartxdarwin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
lol Darwin does that too... except he sits on my head... and then falls asleep on my stomach

cudony

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Caesar gets on his kicks where he wants night time love. Some nights he's satisfied with just some snuggles, pets and scratches; then he'll just jump down and head out (usually to beat up on one of the other cats!) and we just go back to sleep. But other nights...no way. He just isn't happy until someone gets up with him. And on those nights if I try to ignore him he gets progressively more demanding. It usually ends with him biting me on the head until I drag my butt out of bed and go downstairs to play.

But how could I ever deny that sweet little face looking at me with those big eyes and asking for some Mommy-loving!