Night Crazies Stopped

Linderin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
My 2 feral & semi-feral indoor cats have been with me for 3 months now. When I got them, they had night crazies every night, not the worst type, just running around at 4am, chasing each other, dragging stuff around, jumping on/off things. I had ear plugs and got used to the noise, so I didn't really mind.
Lately their crazies seem to have stopped... I don't hear any noise anymore and their toys and tents stay in the same spot at night. Is it normal for cats to get over night crazies?

They are 1.5 and 3.5 years old. They've probably lived in the wild all their lives, I think I am their first home. I've been trying different kinds of food and am now settling on grain free, high meat content wet food and kibble. I used to close my bedroom door at night, but I leave it open now (since 1 month) to aid their socialization process. I've had a feliway plugin for 2 months now, for the same reason.

Any thoughts? Are they adapting to my rhythm, are they bored out of their minds, is it the feliway plugin, or something else?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I think they do get used to your schedule after a while. Mine all yell at me if I don't wake up as soon as my alarm clock goes off, but fall asleep about the same time I do every night.

Enjoy the peace and quiet, it sounds as if you've earned it.

:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Linderin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I do enjoy it, it's a great relief! :-D I just hope nothing's wrong with them, something that's made them passive or depressed in the past month. They seem somewhat less interested in playtime too. They were so fiery when they came here, I'm a little surprised by this change.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like they have settled in and are learning your schedule. I bet they would love it if everyday when you came home from work you played with them. Toy rotation helps to :)