Nibbles, My Semi Feral Pet

Flowerchild22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been seeking advice from you guys, seeing all the great post! Very very helpful. I have a semi feral kitten, juvenile cat, Nibbles, who I have been feeding twice daily since August. He was probably about 6 to 8 weeks old then. His mother is still about at times. He let's me pet him & pick him up! He is cute as a button. I have made him decent shelter on second floor back deck which he loves because he can see so much. Hubs not keen on cat in the house. I need to take him to the vet. He has only had deworming meds, flea prevention. Any advice. I dont want his ear clipped like TNR cats.
Grateful for this site!!
C

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would see about renting/borrowing or purchasing a trap. It would be best if you could not only get Nibbles, but the Mom too as she will only continue to reproduce.

As far as ear tipping, if you are going to keep him outside, it might be a good idea to reconsider since it is the universal sign that a cat has been spayed/neutered. If he would wander off or frequents another house, they would know he is already spayed/neutered. I have 5 former feral cats living in my house. All are ear tipped as they all lived outside for awhile.

You really want to get Nibbles neutered before he gets much older. Once they hit sexual maturity, he may wander off in search of a mate which can lead to fighting behavior and territorial spraying. Sooner is better.

If you don't get Mom, you will continue to have kittens all around. Please consider helping her too.

Thank you for caring for these sweet ones. Maybe your hubby will come around. My DH didn't like cats at all. Now we have 6 and he loves them to pieces!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Flowerchild22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would see about renting/borrowing or purchasing a trap. It would be best if you could not only get Nibbles, but the Mom too as she will only continue to reproduce.

As far as ear tipping, if you are going to keep him outside, it might be a good idea to reconsider since it is the universal sign that a cat has been spayed/neutered. If he would wander off or frequents another house, they would know he is already spayed/neutered. I have 5 former feral cats living in my house. All are ear tipped as they all lived outside for awhile.

You really want to get Nibbles neutered before he gets much older. Once they hit sexual maturity, he may wander off in search of a mate which can lead to fighting behavior and territorial spraying. Sooner is better.

If you don't get Mom, you will continue to have kittens all around. Please consider helping her too.

Thank you for caring for these sweet ones. Maybe your hubby will come around. My DH didn't like cats at all. Now we have 6 and he loves them to pieces!
Thank you! I am going to take off work soon and get him to the vet. He will let me put in carrier. It will be trapping mom, and Ole grandaddy who comes by offer to get a meal. Mom landed here because my sister, who lived next door fed her and her siblings. She had Nibs and subs in the garage! Appreciate the help. C

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree on the ear tipping. Depending on the animal control agency where you live, some automatically will leave any ear tipped cat alone if they decide that there is a cat population problem and want to trap the others.