Nfc Or Mc Look Alike?

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello all, I have a very special kitty to talk about today and would love to hear of what breed he could look like! I understand without papers he is a DLH at most, but I'm still so curious what everyone else thinks.
I'm very bad at keeping things short and sweet, but here I'll try to describe my Theodore as best as possible without typing /too/ much :blush:
Okay, so Theo is the most loving, sweetest, loyal cat I've ever had. He gets along well with all my cats, (we have thirteen), and has since day one. I have NEVER introduced a cat who straight off the bat loved the other cats, but he did, and we had 12 before him. He rubs against a few of them, head bunts them, and is just an absolute sweetheart. He is actually kind of skittish with certain things, but as soon as he hears my voice reassuring him, he's 100% okay and walks over to me, tail raised as high as he can. When he lays in my lap, he looks up at me and squints his eyes, and I swear he smiles. I can see and feel the love he has for me, and I adore it.
On the other hand, Theo is super crazy. He climbs everything and makes the weirdest sound I have ever heard in my life. Seriously though, his favourite thing to do is climb. I don't have a single other cat that climbs the curtains, not since kittenhood, but he does. He tries to climb the walls and doors too, but obviously can't because.. well they're solid. I've never heard a normal meow out of him, they're very trilly and whiny, but they sound weird, not a high pitched trill, just like.. I don't even know how to describe it. Half the time he literally whines at me, mouth shut, literal whining, and no, not in pain, just as a typical sound. He is very vocal though. Theo also loves water. Faucet water is his favourite and he loves laying in the sink when the water is on. He also does the strangest thing and will sleep under things he isn't supposed to.. like he will be found under a cat bed before actually in it. He does the same with rugs or anything he can get beneath. And he loves every second of it.
My hunch is either Norwegian forest cat or Maine coon look alike, but I'm unsure. His winter coat isn't present in some photos, so keep that in mind.
He's just a magnificent boy and I love him so much :redheartpump:
Here are some photos of Theo:

He managed to move the bed across the room, and when I came upstairs, I found this ^

Sorry for the photo spam, I couldn't pick just a few. If you need a specific angle just ask!

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A beautiful, lovely boy. Is that Duncan or Finlay in the 10th pic?
Anyhow, you've already said the "without papers" thing so as a look alike and influence opinion, the 1st, 3rd and 12th pics strongly suggested Maine Coon to me with the gorgeous chunky muzzle. I love the chunky muzzles.
The last pic shows a nose profile more akin to a MC as NFC's are straighter.
Talking of the last pic, he looks like he's smiling so why not post it here:

Show me the smiles!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That one is Duncan! Duncan and Finlay are also my questioning Maine coons. The people that gave them both to me claim their father was "Maine coon" surely without papers too. I love the chunky muzzle as well, so adorable. He does have a very square face, that's why I was leaning towards a Maine coon.

Finlay

Duncan :blush:

Finlay has more of a Maine coon look to me, body type and all that, but Duncan is bigger and his mane gets looong whereas Finlay's really doesn't.

But yes I do agree with Theo looking more Maine coon, he does have the longest ear hair out of any cat I've ever had.. and is the most vocal.. so I just wasn't sure.

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bob is adorable! He looks so sassy :devilish: Beautiful kitty!!!
Theo is about a year and a half old, weighs between 12 - 13 pounds. It was 12 point something when he was at the vet a week and a half ago, just can't recall exactly.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
What handsome boys! I think that Maine Coon lookalike would probably be the closest for all of them, as they have that broad muzzle.

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! They said thanks as well :lol: I agree entirely. It's that square muzzle!

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I also have this guy, his name is Koda. He looks very.. different to me. Again, no papers, but I've always wondered what people would think he looks like?

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I kind of wanna show all my cats, just because. Why not, we all love cats here :happycat:

Honna Boo Lou-Lou, Female, 12 years old

Joyce Lynn, Boo's littermate, Female, 12 years old

Orbit Sebastian, Male, 5 years old

Apollo Castor & Jupiter Pollux, littermates, Male, 2 years old.. inseparable.

Tabitha Dawn "TiDi", Female, Age Unknown (11~14?)

Leopold Cubby Arthur, Male, 3 years old

Dakoda Kai, possibly Cubby's littermate, Male, 3 years old

Mercury Obsidian, possible relative of Cubby and Koda, Male, ~5 years old

Theodore Maxwell, Male, 1 year old (reason for this post...)

Finlay Jackson Reid, Male, 4 years old

Duncan Redley, twin to Finlay, Male, 4 years old

Atlas Skye, Male, 1 year old

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I see some has spotted tabby. Are these related or a coincidence?

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Blimey, how many have you got? You can give 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and others a run for their money. You have an extremely handsome family.
I reckon Theo is going to be a big, big boy.
Koda reminds me of a British Short Hair with his round face. Just a thought.

I kind of wanna show all my cats, just because. Why not, we all love cats here
Of course, keep it going. It's the law on here.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bob is adorable! He looks so sassy :devilish: Beautiful kitty!!!
Theo is about a year and a half old, weighs between 12 - 13 pounds. It was 12 point something when he was at the vet a week and a half ago, just can't recall exactly.
coniferously coniferously - Eighteen months is young if there's Big Breed genetics in his past. Bob kept growing a couple of months into Year Five; he finished at almost exactly three times Theo's size (roughly 45 inches nose-to-tail and 36 pounds).

We understand that mightyboosh mightyboosh uses a coal shovel to feed Oliver.

;)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
StefanZ StefanZ
Which spotted tabbies are you talking about? I states which ones are related, and actually, come to think of it, the only tabbies in the house who are related are Duncan and Finlay. The other sibling matches only look alike in every other way, other than coat colour :p

Last edited:

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
coniferously coniferously - you'll have to forgive mightyboosh mightyboosh - every time he sees a big hairy cat, he goes a bit off the rails.

;)

I only have eleven currently.
We had I think, 18 in the house at once, then we moved out, we lost one, gained a few more, my mom kept some and then we took some more from her, so now she has 5 and we have 13. It's hectic but they're all so worth it.

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
coniferously coniferously - Eighteen months is young if there's Big Breed genetics in his past. Bob kept growing a couple of months into Year Five; he finished at almost exactly three times Theo's size (roughly 45 inches nose-to-tail and 36 pounds).

We understand that mightyboosh mightyboosh uses a coal shovel to feed Oliver.

;)
I just laughed so hard at the coal shovel bit! Oh my gosh. My largest cat is only 17 lbs, he would be the one we call Orbit. He's just a big baby. I wish he would've been long haired, I have a thing for huge cats with long fur, so adorable. I really do hope Theo keeps growing. He has noticeably gotten bigger, even recently. Not fat at all, just seems to be getting.. big.

coniferously

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Blimey, how many have you got? You can give 1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine and others a run for their money. You have an extremely handsome family.
I reckon Theo is going to be a big, big boy.
Koda reminds me of a British Short Hair with his round face. Just a thought.

Of course, keep it going. It's the law on here.
I really do hope Theo gets big! I'd even be happy if he hit 17 lbs like Orbit. Still not HUGE, but honestly I'd be happy about it. Or even if he stayed at 12-13 lbs, he's perfect now too.
And you know, I never thought British Shorthair with Koda.. I always leaned towards maybe Bombay or something. His eyes are so huge and his face is super round. He has a very slim body, but also muscular. He has a thick tail and a fat head. He has the best temperament too, such a sweet and loving cat.