Next Door's Cat Stressing My Indoor Kittens

afxtwn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I live in a ground-floor house and have two 7 month old kittens (one male and one female, they are brother and sister - both neutered/spade). They are both indoor cats and I don't plan on letting them out as I live very close to a busy road and there are quite a few cats in the neighbourhood so I fear fighting will occur.

The main problem is that my next door neighbour's cat (male I believe and around a year old) keeps jumping up at the window sills outside and sitting there and generally annoying/stressing my cats out. Occasionally he hits out at the window. As it is summer now I bought a pair of nets to cover the windows so I can open them but the kittens can't get out. The problem with these is that the neighbour's cat now tries to get at my cats through the open window and bashing at the net.

I have sprayed him with a water bottle but don't really want to stress him out or have him associate me with fear or ill-feelings. Are there any deterrents I can get to either keep him out of the garden or just off the window sills? I have seen some ultrasonic repellers but I think my cats would probably hear these as well and cause them discomfort and stress so I don't want to use those but I was thinking maybe about getting some spike strips and sticking them on the window sills outside to try and stop the neighbour's cat jumping up. Would these work or is there a better solution?

Thanks for any help.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I have sprayed him with a water bottle but don't really want to stress him out or have him associate me with fear or ill-feelings. 

Thanks for any help.
Well, if you do not want this cat to upset yours, you may have no choice. Try the good old "shoo", hiss, clap. Hopefully he'll get the point across and stop visiting.