Newsletter

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tried several times to subscribe to the Newsletter according to the instructions but nothing happens. I suppose that by "checking" it means to check where it says "newsletter" but nothing happens. Can someone help me.
Many thanks.
Golondrina

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
When you go back into it, is the box next to "Newsletter" checked or unchecked?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, the words "checked or unchecked" don't appear anywhere.

This what I get:
"By checking you agree to receive our newsletter. You can uncheck to stop receiving it at any time. :
  • Newsletter

When checked - you will be getting our newsletter!"

followed by "SAVE CHANGES"

Last edited:

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Jcat, but if there is a new newsletter to be released why do I keep receiving daily an invitation to subscribe NOW? Alright then, I will ignore the invitations and hope I will know when the new newsletter is released.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Jcat, but if there is a new newsletter to be released why do I keep receiving daily an invitation to subscribe NOW? Alright then, I will ignore the invitations and hope I will know when the new newsletter is released.
I also got that pop-up even though I had subscribed a while ago. I just dismissed it by clicking the "X", and it never popped up again.

However, I got my first newsletter this morning, "Cat Tips and Site News from TheCatSite". It came about an hour and a half ago.
:hyper:

Did you get yours, golondrina golondrina ?

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I haven't received the newslater and I am not likely to receive it since the only "invitation" to subscribe that I have ever got (daily popups) doesn't work for me. I have never received an invitation bearing the words "check and uncheck", only the words "save the changes" (which don't make any sense.

I'm giving up.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, as a final try I have addressed my self to: https://thecatsite.com/threads/newsletter and this is what I've got

"The controller XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread does not define an action called Newsletter.

Oopsie! Our office cat must have eaten the page you're looking for! Sorry about that! You can go back or visit the homepage again."

???????

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Are you clicking your mini avatar at the top right of the red bar at the top of any page and choosing "Newsletter Subscription" from the dropdown menu? Then you click on the little box to the left of "Newsletter" in the pop-up, then "Save Changes" to keep the check mark in the box.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, as a final try I have addressed my self to: https://thecatsite.com/threads/newsletter and this is what I've got

"The controller XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread does not define an action called Newsletter.

Oopsie! Our office cat must have eaten the page you're looking for! Sorry about that! You can go back or visit the homepage again."

???????
You got an error page because you didn't have the full address to this newsletter thread
(your link was for this:
Code:
https://thecatsite.com/threads/newsletter

The full address to this thread is
Code:
https://thecatsite.com/threads/newsletter.356530/

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
There are full instructions here: Newsletter Subscription Tutorial

Or you can try doing it here:
https://thecatsite.com/account/sendy-subscribe
Yes, that's a good link.

I apologize for the notice showing for people who are already subscribed. I disabled it for now. At this point, the notice is simply showing up for everyone. It can be dismissed, of course, but "it" doesn't know whether or not your subscribed. I'm working on adjusting it so that it only shows up to people who aren't subscribed but didn't want to wait for the adjustment and have people miss out on the first issue.

???????
Like PushPurrCatPaws PushPurrCatPaws said, that didn't work because there's no such address on the site. What you saw was our message for all pages that aren't found. In this case, it was showing up because you typed something after the word "threads" which was not an actual thread URL.

Sorry about the confusion!

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Anne. My last trial was clicking on the NEWSLETTER SUBSCRITION on the profile drop down menu and then on NEWSLETTER and SAVE CHANGES. But at this point I don't know whether I am subscribed to the newsletter or not. One thing is sure: I haven't received any newsletter so far. Sorry to be so clumsy.

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
If you subscribed to the newsletter after it went out yesterday, you'll have to wait till the next one is sent out in about two weeks.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you Anne. My last trial was clicking on the NEWSLETTER SUBSCRITION on the profile drop down menu and then on NEWSLETTER and SAVE CHANGES. But at this point I don't know whether I am subscribed to the newsletter or not. One thing is sure: I haven't received any newsletter so far. Sorry to be so clumsy.
I just checked and you are in fact subscribed :yess:! The newsletter is bi-weekly at this point, so you should be getting the next issue sometime around the 16th of January.