Newly Rescued Tabby Named Cassie Helping Me Significantly With Illness

caitjade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just rescued a 2 year old Tabby named Cassie and I love her so much. I have never before her had good relationships with cats they always scratched or bit me, but Cassie is different. She hasn't scratched once or shown any hostility towards me or anyone else. She always wants to be pet. The only thing we are bumping heads with is she gets mad when I sit in her chair (the computer chair) lol but i can deal with that. I have depression and borderline personality disorder and am disabled from it and she has be helping me a lot. She doesn't judge me and its really nice to have something that needs me instead of me needing everyone else. Does anyone else have this with their cat? I am thinking of getting my doctor to give me a letter to get her as an esa because I really don't want to give her away if i have to move. Any advice on this or has anyone done this with their cat? But I am in love with her and am so happy to have her in my life.
Cas.jpg

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, nice to have you on board. I work at a place for people with PD and they use therapy animals for some of the clients. I've not been directly involved with it on my ward but I believe it really helps them. I often see a carrier being taken here and there with a cute animal inside, often a rabbit. We also have a cat called Max that wanders the grounds and one of the client's I work with buys food and looks forward to feeding him when he takes a walk off the ward.
Cats are what you describe. They don't judge you and if you give them the love, it will be returned in spades. They are true friends.
Your Cassie is a cutie so get involved with your cat stories and post lots of pics. There's lots of photo themes in various threads so snap away and we'll all look forward to your posts.
This is Max. We don't know where he really lives but he seems to be there all the time. He's an informal therapy cat for anyone who comes across him during his adventures in the grounds. He sleeps in the reception area on one of the chairs for visitors.

IMG_0877.jpg

Kittysmamma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just rescued a 2 year old Tabby named Cassie and I love her so much. I have never before her had good relationships with cats they always scratched or bit me, but Cassie is different. She hasn't scratched once or shown any hostility towards me or anyone else. She always wants to be pet. The only thing we are bumping heads with is she gets mad when I sit in her chair (the computer chair) lol but i can deal with that. I have depression and borderline personality disorder and am disabled from it and she has be helping me a lot. She doesn't judge me and its really nice to have something that needs me instead of me needing everyone else. Does anyone else have this with their cat? I am thinking of getting my doctor to give me a letter to get her as an esa because I really don't want to give her away if i have to move. Any advice on this or has anyone done this with their cat? But I am in love with her and am so happy to have her in my life.View attachment 217810

Hey there Caitjade!

Wow! Nice to know someone with the same diagnosis. I have an ESA letter. It’s the easiest thing to get. Once you have it, it’s good forever & wherever you go. You cannot be forced to pay a pet deposit or pet rent. I was surprised when I gave my apartment my letter & they literally scratched through the entire section that said anything about pets & I have 3 cats. The max is 2.

Print a template, give this to your Dr. & ask them to put it on letterhead & change the fill in the blanks to your info.

A good site is Sample Letters | esa

Do NOT ever google ESA letter & pay $99. It’s a rip off. It’s super simple!!

My kitties are my world !!!!!! ❤

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caitjade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey there Caitjade!

Wow! Nice to know someone with the same diagnosis. I have an ESA letter. It’s the easiest thing to get. Once you have it, it’s good forever & wherever you go. You cannot be forced to pay a pet deposit or pet rent. I was surprised when I gave my apartment my letter & they literally scratched through the entire section that said anything about pets & I have 3 cats. The max is 2.

Print a template, give this to your Dr. & ask them to put it on letterhead & change the fill in the blanks to your info.

A good site is Sample Letters | esa

Do NOT ever google ESA letter & pay $99. It’s a rip off. It’s super simple!!

My kitties are my world !!!!!! ❤
Thanks for the info! Yeah I wont be giving away my baby because i have to move. I think my doctor would write a letter for me. And she helps so much, I hope your babies help you a lot with you illness too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caitjade

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the welcomes and the feedback its very appreciated

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I often wonder who is saving whom when we rescue cats. I got my Link at a down time in my life and he really helped me through it. Even now he is a rock when I am sad or upset. I'd definitely just get the ESA letter form your doctor to have on hand if you move. One less thing to worry at that point about

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A very warm welcome to Cassie and you. :wave3: Kittysmamma Kittysmamma has given you some wonderful advice. Pets give us unconditional love which means that sometimes the best medicine does not come in a bottle. :wink: You will definitely receive a lot of support and helpful tips about cat care here. Please feel free to read some of the Articles and post pics in the picture section: Fur Pictures and Videos Only! :camera:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellosmiley::welcomesign::hithere: So happy that you and Cassie have found each other. Please make sure to post lots of photos around the site, there are lots of great threads. This one would be a great one to start with
Show Me Your Stripes And Spots! Tabby Cats Only ;)