Newly Adopted From Shelter

Taphie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

• She is still timid, so not the best pics. All I know of her history is that her person died & whoever cleaned out the house threw her out. She was picked up by animal control severely emaciated weighing 3 pounds. She now weighs 6 pounds. So she is tiny. Shelter vet estimated her age to be 3, so she's an adult cat. Her points are dark sable to light brown. Yes, her eyes are blue. The light isn't great in the bottom pic. I'm thinking she's an old style siamese? I just love her satellite dish ears!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's lovely! Without papers, she would technically be described as a seal point domestic shorthair (or possibly chocolate point domestic shorthair). The color alone is not enough to make her a Siamese, as the colorpoint gene is widespread in the domestic cat gene pool.

However, with her relatively wedge shaped head and large ears, I do think it's possible that she may have recent Siamese ancestry, or that she could be a moderate / older-style Siamese cat.

If she does happen to be a chocolate point, that would be stronger evidence of Siamese ancestry, as chocolate isn't common in the domestic cat gene pool. My guess would be seal point in the pictures, but I'm not an expert at telling seal from chocolate.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s gorgeous! From her body and head type, I do think she has Siamese in her. I think her coloring is seal point. She looks darker than chocolate point.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Taphie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did some reading. It can be hard to tell the difference between seal points & chocolate points. Though, seal points have black paw pads & chocolate points have cinnimon pink paw pads.
Anyway, I looked into her cage at the shelter and fell in love with this face!