Newly Adopted Cat Suddenly Stopped Being Affectionate

NyxHemera45

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I adopted my cat Sugar (11-12mths old) 3 weeks ago, she was extremely affectionate and cuddly, slowly but surely she stops coming up to me and other people. She's not mean or standoffish, she just acts like humans don't exist. She also used to sleep on my bed (right on top of my head) and now she rarely comes near me when I sleep.
I know she's still running new so there will still be an adjustment, but I was just wondering if you guys have any advice for this new again cat momma

KSV

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I adopted my cat Sugar (11-12mths old) 3 weeks ago, she was extremely affectionate and cuddly, slowly but surely she stops coming up to me and other people. She's not mean or standoffish, she just acts like humans don't exist. She also used to sleep on my bed (right on top of my head) and now she rarely comes near me when I sleep.
I know she's still running new so there will still be an adjustment, but I was just wondering if you guys have any advice for this new again cat momma
She might have been very close to you as she was adjusting to change of settling in. Now her anxiety is down so she might be establishing her independence. She might come back to old habits once she explored all available habits.