Newest Little Feral Is Not Sounding Happy At All.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This cat is clearly not happy with you, nor you with her. Please release her back at your work, or move her to a rescue where she can be adopted out.

From what you describe, this is an extreme situation where she may literally hurt herself trying to escape. She is also, from your description, damaging your home and making you miserable.

I can barely stand to read about this. It sounds excruciating.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

julie310

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am trying to do something. And the right way I might add. I ask for help but seem to get a lot of conflicting advice. Take them in, let them go, it will take time. All great advice from everyone and thank you all for that. Someone said to try to pen her up again at night so I did that. It didn't work after about 5 or 10 minutes so I realized that and let her have her own room she seem to do pretty good still whining and meowing a lot. No destruction but she definitely isn't happy at night. I did order some composure as suggested by another member. I will try giving her that when it arrives today and give it another day or two I guess if she doesn't work out then I guess I will have to release her. I'm not sure a rescue would even take a semi friendly feral cat that's trying to get used to the indoors. Anyway thank you and sorry if someone of the posts and updates I am leaving are upsetting some members. I will try to figure this out on my own. Thanks for all of the great advice :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you use that gate you have for her? My two ferals met under a closed door and played footsy under that. Then we put up a gate and they played through that. Each cat would take turns, one would be in the room with the gate, while the other had full run of the house for a few hours, then switch. Can you do something like that? My cats hate to be in a room with the door shut, but with the gate, they can see out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

julie310

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you use that gate you have for her? My two ferals met under a closed door and played footsy under that. Then we put up a gate and they played through that. Each cat would take turns, one would be in the room with the gate, while the other had full run of the house for a few hours, then switch. Can you do something like that? My cats hate to be in a room with the door shut, but with the gate, they can see out.
Great advice. I was going to try to start doing that. I have 3 feral sibs now in the upstairs of my home right now. I just assumed they wouldn't of forgotten each other and let them all hang out a night or 2 ago. maybe not a good move on my part. I am having 2 baby gates delivered today. I will put them up this afternoon and let them all hang. I just didn't know if I should of let her see them do soon or let be confined for a week or 2. Anyway thank you once again. Time to get to work. Have a great day!

susieqz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
like it or not, some cats do not wish to be house cats.she hates that you are trying to make her be something she isn't.
let her go.