Newest Babies - Please help me find a good name

savethekitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

Here are the newest foster babies.

This little gal does not have a name yet. Please help me find a good name. She is between 4 and 5 weeks old and only weighs 12 oz. She is very sick and may not pull through but I think if we give her a good strong female name that she'll have to live up to the name and live a long and happy life.

So far I know she is a fighter and a survivor. She is tiny but loud. She is very affectionate. She is a real gem. You should hear her purr.

Picture 1 of the little girl:

Picture 2 of the little girl:

This is Bandit - he is between 4 and 5 weeks old but only 14 oz in weight. Behaviorally he is the younger of the two. He is not out of the woods either but is the healthier of the two

Watch here for updates on their condition
Sick Foster Babies

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
here are a few suggestions

"NECI" (pronounced - knee-C) means "Fiery, Passionate" Latin origin
"JEWELL" means "Precious gem" French origin
"OPAL" means "Precious gem" Hindi origin
"KAMILAH" (pronounced - ka-meal-ya) means "Perfection" Egyptian origin
"HELOISE" (pronounced - Hello-wheeze) which is a Famous French Fighter French origin

hope you like some of them or that i may have giving you an idea for one of you own!

both kitties are so cute I hope that they both pull through fine!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eatrawfish

Or maybe Athena?
That was exactly the name I thought of!

Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom, war, the arts, industry, justice and skill. She was the favorite child of Zeus. She had sprung fully grown out of her father's head. Her mother was Metis, goddess of wisdom and Zeus' first wife. In fear that Metis would bear a son mightier than himself. Zeus swallowed her and she began to make a robe and helmet for her daughter. The hammering of the helmet caused Zeus great pain in the form of headaches and he cried out in agony. Skilled Hephaestus ran to his father and split his skull open and from it emerged Athena, fully grown and wearing her mother's robe and helmet. She is the virgin mother of Erichthnonius.

Athena and her uncle Poseidon were both very fond of a certain city in Greece. Both of them claimed the city and it was decided that the one that could give the finest gift should have it. Leading a procession of citizens, the two gods mounted the Acropolis. Poseidon struck the side of the cliff with his trident and a spring welled up. The people marveled, but the water was as salty as Poseidon's sea and it was not very useful. Athena's gift was an olive tree, which was better because it gave the people food, oil and wood. Athena named her city Athens.
Artemis was the other name that sprang to mind for the baby girl:

The daughter of Leto and Zeus, and twin sister of Apollo. Artemis is the goddess of the wilderness, the hunt and wild animals, and fertility (she became a goddess of fertility and childbirth mainly in cities). She was often depicted with the crescent of the moon above her forehead and was sometimes identified with Selene (goddess of the moon). Artemis was one of the Olympians and a virgin goddess. Her main vocation was to roam mountain forests and uncultivated land with her nymphs in attendance hunting for lions, panthers, hinds and stags. Contradictory to the later, she helped in protecting and seeing to their well-being, also their safety and reproduction. She was armed with a bow and arrows which were made by Hephaestus and the Cyclopes.

Being associated with chastity, Artemis at an early age (in one legend she was three years old) asked her father, the great god Zeus, to grant her eternal virginity. Also, all her companions were virgins. Artemis was very protective of her purity, and gave grave punishment to any man who attempted to dishonor her in any form.
(Both quotes came from www.pantheon.org)

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, they're so sweet!

I like the name Opal, Jilly mentioned. How about Jade for the other kitty. They sure look like 2 gems!!!

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Pilar. Not only is it Picasso's wife's name, but it means pillar as in a pillar of strength. Pronounced Pea-lar.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

savethekitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Luvmysphynx

I would name her "Hope".

I hope that they are ok, you are in my thought and prayers!
We have decided on the name Hope for her. The main reason is that with each passing day there is more hope for a tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and keep those good vibes coming