Newbie To The Site

Kiminnb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi everyone - I just found this forum this week as I was googling around trying to educate myself for what’s coming up.

I’ve been in the cat show world (mostly ACFA and CCA - that’s Canadian Cat Association - with a Little CFA thrown in) for about 12 years. Always had alters and was happy with that.

I started with Abyssinians - at the beginning I didn’t even know there were color options beyond ruddy. LOL. I’ve now had one of each recognized color (not talking tica colors).

Through chance I acquired a Turkish angora. He cane as a whole male and sired a couple of litters before we ended his hormones. I have his son and just recently have brought a girl into the house. My first queen.

She seems to be in the family way -
I have an appointment with the vet for an X-ray next week to confirm, but all indicators are pointing to babies in January. Definitely not planned this early. Thankfully, the sire is the correct breed and of good pedigree. But she’s a bit young for my preferences. But kitties will do what they want. Ooops!!

Anyway - just wanted to introduce myself and say that I look forward to chatting with you all in the near future.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here. We love pictures around here, so please do post some of your cats!

I’m guessing you’ll especially like our showing and ethical breeding forum, which I also spend time in. I’m not a breeder, I just love going to cat shows and learning about the different breeds. Abyssinians and Turkish Angoras happen to be two of my favorites!

See you around! :wave3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kiminnb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did just post everyone’s pics in the new cats on the block forum so check it out there.
I was sold in the first Turk when I was told they’re just like abys (my first love) in that they’re high energy and stay kittens forever - I live it when my 12 yr old aby jumps 3 ft off the ground to catch ‘da bird!!

It was hard to get over the fur everywhere thing though.