Newbie needs help with posting from a tablet

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a PM from a new TCS member today; they need to know how to start a new thread when using a tablet to post to TCS. Since I don't use a tablet, I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone else knew.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Giving this a bump !! I am not sure either but surely there is a simple answer and hopefully we will get one soon. :)

kittywhiskers

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm using my Kindle tablet to post at the moment and the way I would start a new thread would be to go to the forum where you would like to post and then click on the blue 'start a new thread' box at the top. Not sure if this would look different on the mobile version but I use the desktop version. Hope this is of some help.

Edit: I just had a look at the mobile version and in the top right of the screen of the forum where you want to post there is a box with an arrow in which you click and it then gives you the option to start a new thread.

Last edited:

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hmm I just joined and am on an ipad2 and click "start a new thread" but nothing pops up to start a new thread. :(

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just joined and have an ipad2 and cannot seem to start a new thread...I click on the button but it doesn't respond.

mnm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hmmm my phone brings up a mobile version of the site and does allow me to start new threads.. not my ipad though

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
[*]Once in the desired forum, at the top left, you'll see the Forum Nav tools including the "New Thread" button: 
[*]Click the "New Thread" button. [*]In the subject field, fill in your desired thread name.  In the body of the post, write your message.  Feel free toadd images or add videos.  You can edit your post similarly to a Word document, with bold, underlined, or italicized text, embedded links, bullet points, and tables.[*]When you are finished, click submit.  You also have the option to preview your post and edit it within a full page editor. 
[*]