Newbie! Adopted Cat Had Diarrhea With Blood :( Help!

bgcnpryy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello,
I am new here. I adopted a stray cat 4 weeks ago and he was around 4 weeks old. He had some problems at the beggining but now he is perfect. (Deworming etc...) He was lonely while we were at work so we decided get a new kitten. My husband found 3 albino cats on his work’s rooftop. Their mother doesnt take care of them (it was her first pregnancy) 3 sibling was almost get blind and my husband clean their eyes and gave medicine. He saved their eyes. And he found homes for 2 of them. He brought small one which nobody did not want him :(. He is in our home for almost 4 days now. He was great at first. Eats, plays, normal poops. Great shape and colour of poop. But last night he was struggling in the litter. He had dark brown/black loosy poop at first. After that he started to make lighter small poops with more liquid shape. Around afternoon I found couple of blood drops. I took to the vet (in my country vets are not very good with pets mostly with cows, sheep etc...) Vet gave him Flagyl for cleanse of bowels and some probiotics and vitamin syrup. He thinks its related to parasites but he didnt run any tests. Just touch is belly and look his poop sample. After one day, we usad the medicine he make little more harder poop but still little blood on it. (Vet thinks cracks in the anal way) do you think I should use this for 5 days and wait - see or find another veterinarian? He is not that playfull, he tries to play he is mostly sleepy but he has appetite. He ate rice mash with chicken breast and some speacial canned food for sick cat.
Sorry It has been sooo long post but I am so worried I didnt even sleep for 2 days. He looks better though but still am anxious.
Ps. He is not drinking water so I gave water wth syringe every hour 2-4 ml as I found the intake amounts online. Any advice for dehydration?
Lastly english is my second language and if there is any mistake so sorry

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: Thank you for rescuing your kitten(s). I'm glad you joined the site for help and support. Regarding your question about dehydration I thought this thread would give you some good suggestions:
Dehydration

With regard to parasites and poop it could be a symptom of Giardia. Here is an Article which will explain this condition better: Giardia And Giardiasis In Cats

I hope this helps you. I'm sure other members may have some additional advice.
Best of luck, do not worry about your English. I completely understood your concerns. :alright: Please keep us updated on your kitten's progress.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bgcnpryy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is much more better. Still had diarrhea. Just a little blood. Not so much like yesterday, and he is not meowing while pooping. Thats a good sign I believe. I will watch out him closely for 2 days and If he wont be good I wll take him to the animal hospital which is quite far away from where I live.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bgcnpryy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok he pooped it was dark brown not all black but I feel like he has still blood on his stool .( he plays and eats more energetic than yesterday. Is there anything else I should do? Should I take him to another vet or just use this medicines first and see what happens