New Years Eve Plans?

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
What is everyone doing for New Years Eve? I FINALLY got three days off of work and I am super excited! It has been too incredibly long since I have had more than one day off lol. With about 20 foster cats in the house my plan is to spend one entire day doing a much needed deep clean. One day I probably sleep the entire day.... because why not? Then for New Years I am not much of a "go out" kind of person so I am planning on staying home with the boyfriend and all of our crazy kitties and watching Sherlock on Netflix and drinking. Which is just the purrfect night for me lol. What about you guys? Any New Years traditions? Favorite drinks?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It has been many years since I have gone out on New Years Eve. As cold as it is I probably will be staying home a lot this weekend. I always buy a case of wine right before Thanksgiving. There is a small discount when buying a case and it is nice to have it on hand for the holidays. I have two bottles left so I will probably be drinking wine and watching T.V.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We don't do much. We usually rent 4 movies, I make a bunch of appetizer-type foods (and The Big Sandwich) and we spend the night on the couch (sometimes in bed) with the cats watching movies and feeding our faces. Yes, we're old. But it's OK; we're good.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
We haven't gone out for New Year's in ages, either. We usually don't even stay up until midnight. We will probably sit by the fire, have a cocktail, and head to bed at the usual time.

ashade1 ashade1 My stepdaughter got me a set of copper mugs for Christmas, so I'm going to make a Moscow mule.

Happy New Year, everyone!
confetti.gif multistars.gif

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
New Year's Eve it will be me and my mummy, having a tasty special meal, treats and drinks, and watching specials on the tely while being cozy on the couch. Hanging out with our animals :D and make sure they get special treats too!

My dad will be too tired on account of his illness, but he will float around throughout the day.

I already mentioned in the other thread that I'll be working New Year's Day.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have kids but going out has never been our thing to do anyway. DH isn't a night person either. I make us some dips and appetizers and shrimp and we just hang out. The kids get to do a Netflix count down. I have a few "New Years" headbands left they like too. Maybe in a few more years I'll let them stay up till Midnight. Not this year. :p DH usually falls asleep on the couch till Midnight and then stumbles to bed. :lol:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be lying in bed and watching TV and missing my Muffy. New Years Eve is the first anniversary of her death. She was the last of my eight kitties.
(((hugs))))
#################################
For NYE, I will do the usual: spend it here with Artie..

Last year, a friend who was in Florida, and I texted for a few hours.. I had to wake her up, because she fell asleep just before the ball dropped!!! jeesh!!
I am usually the one who falls asleep!!

This year, just planning on some munchies, instead of an entire meal. I got some artichoke dip, crackers, and cranberry/brie/ puff pastry appetizers.. and a bottle of Proseco.. which I have to put in the refrigerator..

I think I will binge watch this past season of Outlander or Major Crimes. --but I start early and end early.. usually in bed.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kittens and I are having a party for three :biggrin: However during the day I'm visiting my aunt's house. I never normally do much for New Year's Eve, though I'd love to go to the fireworks in central London one day. I might see if I have any leftover sparklers.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Then for New Years I am not much of a "go out" kind of person so I am planning on staying home with the boyfriend and all of our crazy kitties and watching Sherlock on Netflix and drinking.
Watching Sherlock is always a great idea! I may copy you, except for the boyfriend part.

Since I have flu, I will have dinner with my parents and a friend of them at home, and will go to my bedroom once midnight supperstitions have been fullfilled. No grapes for me this year, as they didn't bring me good luck for 2017, I will try peanuts this New Year's Eve and see if they are better ;)

rascalshadownj2

RascalShadowGidget2
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm 61 and my mom is 94, so we won't be going out either. But we like to watch all the New Year's celebrations on TV and have our annual New Year's snack. Some raw veggies, and dip, and cheese and crackers. That's about all for us. Not to mention, hanging out with my cats too. Just a nice quiet evening. Just thought I would post this picture I made of my two
furbabies, Rascal and Shadow. We just want to wish everyone a very Safe, Happy and Healthy New Year. Hope 2018 brings lots of good things to everyone! Hugs to everyone! :grouphug::rbheart:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am originally from Kansas so I hadn't heard of the pork and saurkraut thing until I met my ex who is from Ohio. I went to the store this morning and they had a good deal on pork shoulder roast so I got one to do pulled pork in the crockpot. I got one that is 6.7 pounds for 12.05. I can't eat kraut though. I have tried to be part of the tradition but I just can't eat it. I got a bag of coleslaw and a bottle of dressing so I am going to have coleslaw. It's cabbage anyway. It snowed last night and is now supposed to be bitter cold all next week, it will be nice to have picnic type food. I also have two bottles of wine leftover from the holiday.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister invited me to go out with them for dinner. We will probably have Chinese. She said they will be in bed by 7:00 pm. They are old farts and are younger than me.

Muffy

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My sister invited me to go out with them for dinner. We will probably have Chinese. She said they will be in bed by 7:00 pm. They are old farts and are younger than me.

Muffy
I would love to have Chinese food for New Year's Eve, but my parents strongly disagree. I suggested it last week and they looked at me as if I had a second head :D