New Toy...prince Is Not Amused

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
20180313_081526.jpg

I got this new toy reluctantly that has a butterfly which spins around in a circle. I did not believe it would work out because I got something similar a long time ago for Prince and it entertained him for like 5 seconds before he went off, he didn't enjoy it. He's always preferred his toys as I moved them, like the feather want and batting toys (usually he'l bat them across the room as I toss them)

Now as you see, Nikita is entertained by this spinning butterfly, and Prince is only sitting there as though shaking his head at her lol. It makes me wonder why the difference, I guess it's all about personality

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hard to believe that, according to the vet, Nikita is older

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
None of my three liked that toy. Although, if I took the butterfly off the base and just held it in my hand gently moving it around then it became super interesting. Cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nature9000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
None of my three liked that toy. Although, if I took the butterfly off the base and just held it in my hand gently moving it around then it became super interesting. Cats.
Exactly, if I did the same, I think both of them would be going nuts for it. I know Prince would, he had something similar before: A little wire with some cardboard strips attached to the end, I'd move it around and he'd go crazy for it. Nikita's starting to get to the same point that he is, to where he prefers toys that I'm controlling.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Casper won't go near any toy that has a motor or makes noise.

For a little while, he played with a little, stuffed bird that chirps when you touch it but that's been in his toy box for months.

There's a box in the corner of our living room where we keep all of his extra toys. Casper goes to his toy box and gets whatever toy he wants to play with. If a toy has been out, on the floor for a long time, we put it back in the toy box. Some of his favorite toys are out all of the time. If we clean up the room and put one of his favorite toys away, he'll go and get them out again. Other toys have been in the box for a long time, hardly touched.

Every so often, we'll mix up his toys just to keep him mentally stimulated. We'll put some away and put others out on the floor. Casper will simply go back to his toy box, get his faves and the others will lay, untouched, right where we put them.

He has one catnip mouse with spotted fur that is his ALL-TIME favorite. He plays with it almost every day. He carries it around the house with him. If we clean house and put it back in his play area in the living room, we'll find it in random places around the house, the next morning. We'll often find it lying on the bedroom floor, by the doorway, in the morning when we wake up.

That toy mouse has been played with so much that there's hardly any fur left on it and it's looking pretty ragged but he STILL demands to play with it. We went out to all the pet stores and searched for the EXACT, same toy so that Casper could have a nice, new toy to play with.

Anybody want to guess where it is?

Ten points for your team if you guessed, "Toy Box!" ;)

Casper is so choosy about his toys! Even "Da' Bird," feather toy only gets a mild reaction out of him!
He'll only chase the laser pointer when he's in the mood!

We have spent so much money on every kind of cat toy imaginable but he only plays with one or two.

On the other hand, a ball of paper or the plastic ring from a milk bottle will keep him occupied for an hour!

Dangle a piece of yarn or string in front of him and he goes crazy!

But... Those motorized toys?

Casper would rather play with the box they came in! :D

catlover4ever1423

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 222482

I got this new toy reluctantly that has a butterfly which spins around in a circle. I did not believe it would work out because I got something similar a long time ago for Prince and it entertained him for like 5 seconds before he went off, he didn't enjoy it. He's always preferred his toys as I moved them, like the feather want and batting toys (usually he'l bat them across the room as I toss them)

Now as you see, Nikita is entertained by this spinning butterfly, and Prince is only sitting there as though shaking his head at her lol. It makes me wonder why the difference, I guess it's all about personality
Just curious does this run on batteries? my cat gets scared off from battery operated toys, i recently purchased a interactive toy but NO BATTERIES!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cat are so funny, aren't they. Buy them the "best" toy, and they get bored after a couple minutes. My Ruby loved the Cat's Meow first time she saw it. Then played with it less the next time. Now she might smack at it once or twice, before walking away. ;)

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Keep in mind, these two are the exact, same product.

When Casper's first mouse started to get raggedy-looking, we went out to get him another one just like it but we couldn't find the same thing. We had to go to two or three different stores before we finally found an identical toy to replace the one Casper had played with "to death."

Which one does he play with daily?
Which one stays in his toy box, virtually untouched?

I'll give you three guesses. ;)