New to the block

jubiemc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there everyone I have three cats 1 in particular lead me to this website to look for some help and answers. I have and 8.5 month old male cat named batman who is extremely hyper, he runs around all the time which is normal kitten behaviour but he digs up every plant, scratches furniture, gets up on tables, and counters etc, he also which is very concerning bites and not just playfully he bites hard. We've tried many things to make him settle down including getting him fixed, pheromone collar, pheromone air dispenser thing,he has many many toys and I spend as much time playing with him as possible. He doesn't respond to any form of discipline, even though he's bad sometimes he's very snuggly affectionate and fun. I'm just hoping someone can help us solve our problem !

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the site! 

I have two of those. 
 I do not mind the running, jumping on counters, scratching stuff but they used to bite too. I did not move my hand or whatever they were biting away. Just gave them a good stare, hiss and if the hiss was not enough, I blow a puff of air to their faces. Like a mommy cat does to discipline her kittens. For me it worked! 

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We've got a 9-month-old who's at the same rowdy stage and will nip when he gets overexcited while playing. I hiss as yayi suggested and then give him a stuffed toy to wrestle with or redirect him to a wand toy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jubiemc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you ill give it a try!

jubiemc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hes not really responding to the hissing or the puff of air but we purchased a kong kickaroo yesterday and he seems to be focusing most of his energy there and its finally starting to get nice here snows melting etc.. and hes going outside with our other two cats and running some of the energy off.

jubiemc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Heres hoping but he hasnt learned anything from them yet lol