New to raw! Cat have soft poop even though I give them a little meat

AnnieLu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want to transit my cats' diets from wet to raw and I try to transit slowly. I only give them a scoop of raw meat like 1 oz a day but they're still having bad poop.
Do I still need to reduce the amount of raw meat or raw is just a no for my cats?

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
1 ounce is a lot for a cat if they’re not used to it. What kind of raw meat are you feeding? You should also add some probiotics to your your cat’s food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AnnieLu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1 ounce is a lot for a cat if they’re not used to it. What kind of raw meat are you feeding? You should also add some probiotics to your your cat’s food.
I feed them HT turkey. Yeah I add probiotics.
I feels like I still need to reduce the amount of raw meat. Ah It's really a long transition time

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I would go more slowly with the transitions.

Are you just feeding turkey or adding supplements too? Following a recipe?
I'm having deja vu - did we talk about this before?

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
You may need to give them more bone and less muscle meat if they're having soft poops. I don't have a grinder yet and I'm kind of OCD about my kitten's perfect little teeth, so she gets chicken necks once or twice a week. She can handle a wing, but it lasts all day or a bit longer, and she usually just chews the toes off a foot before it winds up in one of my dogs.

Gizzards are a good way to start off on the concept of food that needs to be chewed and to build strong muscles.

Transitions take time.

I would personally add a scoop of EZComplete to the meat when it gets up to an ounce and a half just to be on the safe side. You could also follow the recipe here: StackPath but the supplements aren't optional. If you aren't careful, your cat could die.