New to community from Australia

crazycatlady40

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I lost the love of my life 2 months ago. Ka - zar was 15 and I lost him to mouth cancer. I had three weeks without a cat and then caved since I could stand the house without a cat anymore. I live just down the road the RSCPA pet place and wasn't totally sure if the time was right but went ti just have a look. Well I didn't just have a look I adopted a beautiful 9 weeks at the time of adoption now three months old domestic  short hair tabby cross named Banjo loved the name so it has suck.

After having the one cat for 15 years I forgot what it was like to have a kitten but Banjo is reminding me and I am loving every minute for it for the most part he's a good boy but he does have his devil moment like all kittens do. I am looking forward to learning more about my handsome little man.

I look forward to getting around the community more and learning more about kittens,.

Cheers

Vicki (crazycatlady40)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Vicki, and welcome to TCS! 

How cute is Banjo! 
  Looking forward to more pics and hearing more about him and you.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome again 

Banjo is gorgeous, he does look like a little imp.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Banjo is so cute, and he looks like a naughty little kitten !

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to the site :wavey:

Wow ! Banjo is gorgeous, what a cute little face !

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh my gosh--your story is so much like mine--I lost my "only child" Skittles at 17-1/2, and thought I might not survive the loss.  Three weeks later, I was on the SPCA website looking at kitties.  It was a shock going from having a sedate 17+ year old prima donna to having two Tasmanian devil kittens.....  Now, four years later, we have 7 cats but that's another story.  

I'm sorry for the loss of your baby Ka-zar, and welcome you and your new love, Banjo.  

cass

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there, and welcome. Sorry for your loss :(
How exciting..a new little kitty! [emoji]9829[/emoji] I am in Australia too. Look forward to seeing some more pics of the little one. X

elise1030

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi! I'm in Australia too and a new poster here also! Sorry for your loss of your kitty and congrats on your new baby. Many joys and laughs to be had with a new baby and many memories of the kitty that just passed. I understand the bittersweet feeling you must be having at the moment. I lost a 7 year old cat and a few weeks after that I got a ginger kitty as the other one we had was so lonely.

spider jones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi crazycatlady40, I am also very sorry for your loss. Your new baby looks adorable and very cheeky. I am also in Australia as I see some others on this thread are.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Goodness, so many Aussies! 

Lovely to see everyone here.

stormi71

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's the Aussie invasion! I joined here the other day, and I'm in Australia, too. I have a similar story, as well. Lost my Ziggy in February aged four, quite unexpectedly and suddenly. We got our new kitten just over a week ago, to fill that empty void in our lives.
Welcome to the forum :)

kittywhiskers

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello, so sorry to hear that you lost your boy, I lost my boy last August also he had abdominal cancer he was 13. Your new kitty looks like a little bundle of joy. So so cute!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazycatlady40

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazycatlady40

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Been busy with work and my Dad going into hospital in Melbourne next Sunday to have liver tumors removed. Hoping they are right and it's a straight forward op and he's home in a week.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Been busy with work and my Dad going into hospital in Melbourne next Sunday to have liver tumors removed. Hoping they are right and it's a straight forward op and he's home in a week.
Oh no, I hope all goes well with your dad!  That's scary.  

And how could you not fall in love with that little guy, Banjo's adorable!