New Pictures Of Sheba And Baby's What Breed Are They?

Sparkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, thought I would post some better pic's of Sheba and her babies. She is a new cat in our family and she has so many unusual behaviours that I'm curious as to what breed she might be? She has sort of classic brown tabby markings but not exactly the same as I have seen on line. She seems to have spots with dark outlines and the stippling grey tan back ground coloring. One baby pic. shows the rainbow colors they get when the sun hits them and mom has it too. Their hairs on the ends seem to be clear but glitter with rainbow colors. Any ideas of what her breed could be?

Attachments

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! Forgot to add the picture. This is Fennimore (and Evangeline!). Willow looks like a mini Fennimore. There does seem to be a similarity to your Sheba.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sparkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh! Forgot to add the picture. This is Fennimore (and Evangeline!). Willow looks like a mini Fennimore. There does seem to be a similarity to your Sheba.

Hi, I see what you mean I also have a black kitten out of the bunch. He is really pretty! And that M in the circle she has that also. Thought it was kind of different to have an M? Thanks for the reply and pic.'s. Is Evangeline The Black one? Was she a dark brown color when she was younger? (Love kitties)

Sparkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I see what you mean I also have a black kitten out of the bunch. He is really pretty! And that M in the circle she has that also. Thought it was kind of different to have an M? Thanks for the reply and pic.'s. Is Evangeline The Black one? Was she a dark brown color when she was younger? (Love kitties)
Her M is on her other side.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are welcome! Evangeline is the black one. We found her when she was eight, if I remember correctly, so she is pushing 10. We have nine indoor cats and one outdoor feral cat that we claim as ours.

It is kind of hard to tell, but my first post has a link in it. I had never heard of "glitter fur" until I started trying to determine the breeds of our newest, Silas. He has crazy fur, which is likely affected by the conditions under which we found him. It certainly seems noticeable on yours!

Fennimore, Willow, Freya, and Silas are the only ones we got as babies. Astrid and Estella were seven months, so young but not babies. Simon, Tara, and Evangeline were adults when we got them.

This picture is awful, but it shows the size difference between Willow and Fennimore. She has the same patterns for the most part but is slightly lighter than Fennimore.

This is Silas with his weirdo fur. The longer fur is hard to see, but it is sort of reddish, while the fur closer to his body is dark with stripes, spots, and rosettes:

Sparkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You are welcome! Evangeline is the black one. We found her when she was eight, if I remember correctly, so she is pushing 10. We have nine indoor cats and one outdoor feral cat that we claim as ours.

It is kind of hard to tell, but my first post has a link in it. I had never heard of "glitter fur" until I started trying to determine the breeds of our newest, Silas. He has crazy fur, which is likely affected by the conditions under which we found him. It certainly seems noticeable on yours!

Fennimore, Willow, Freya, and Silas are the only ones we got as babies. Astrid and Estella were seven months, so young but not babies. Simon, Tara, and Evangeline were adults when we got them.

This picture is awful, but it shows the size difference between Willow and Fennimore. She has the same patterns for the most part but is slightly lighter than Fennimore.

This is Silas with his weirdo fur. The longer fur is hard to see, but it is sort of reddish, while the fur closer to his body is dark with stripes, spots, and rosettes:
What a really cool looking guy large ears a that green eye look . Our black one is Mato Sapa (black bear in Lakota) has taby black fur I wonder if he is going to be long hair or if he will grow out of it. I enjoyed the post you sent it was a good read. Thanks.

Sparkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a really cool looking guy large ears a that green eye look . Our black one is Mato Sapa (black bear in Lakota) has taby black fur I wonder if he is going to be long hair or if he will grow out of it. I enjoyed the post you sent it was a good read. Thanks.

Attachments

Sparkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oops didn't mean to post duplicates.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! What cuties! Mato Sapa is a perfect name for him! (Fun fact: Lusa Nita is Black Bear in Choctaw, if I remember correctly.)

I am glad you liked the article. :) Like I said, I knew nothing of "glitter fur" until recently.

My daughter has taken a few pictures of Silas. With the flash on, his eyes tend to look that odd green. I adore his giant ears! Our vet thinks he is part Maine Coon. It was suggested on my thread about him that he may have Abyssinian mixed in, too. I am posting more pictures when he gets a bit bigger and is completely healed.

Here are the rest of our cats. L to R, Top to Bottom

Evangeline Astrid, Fennimore, Estella (Astrid's sister), Simon, Willow (Fennimore's sister), Tara (Simon's best friend), and Freya.

Sparkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How cute!! You guys have a house full. We have Sparkey, Scooter, Sheba (Mom)
and the three kittens. Your Simon looks a little like our Sparkey. Freya is black and white like Scooter. LOL, Willow has a really pretty coat color . Do you know what breed your kitties are? What a nice family. Tonight the cutest thing happened with the kittens at our house. Tonight was their first family meal. It was dinner time and we were in the kitchen cooking and here she comes into the kitchen with the kittens and they all stood around until I fixed them dinner. It was so cute she had never done that before. I fixed them all a little to eat and it was a little shaky at first but everyone finally figured it out and got something. After they were finished eating Sheba rounded everyone up they all got a bath and she put them to bed. I swear she is part people. She almost acts like we would with our kids. One of them came out after their long nap and went back into the kitchen there was a little bit left over for Sparkey and Sheba grabbed Cloud by the neck and drug her back into the living room as to say hay, you already had your dinner ... So cute, I don't remember every having a cat that acted quite like that? have you? Maybe it's how they all behave but it was kind of new to me to see that. All in all, it was just a cute family night. I wont even tell you that they all sat together in front of the tv and started to watch tv... To weird.... hehehe. Do you know Choctaw? My husband is Lakota. How long have you had Silas? how sick was he?

Attachments

Sparkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How cute!! You guys have a house full. We have Sparkey, Scooter, Sheba (Mom)
and the three kittens. Your Simon looks a little like our Sparkey. Freya is black and white like Scooter. LOL, Willow has a really pretty coat color . Do you know what breed your kitties are? What a nice family. Tonight the cutest thing happened with the kittens at our house. Tonight was their first family meal. It was dinner time and we were in the kitchen cooking and here she comes into the kitchen with the kittens and they all stood around until I fixed them dinner. It was so cute she had never done that before. I fixed them all a little to eat and it was a little shaky at first but everyone finally figured it out and got something. After they were finished eating Sheba rounded everyone up they all got a bath and she put them to bed. I swear she is part people. She almost acts like we would with our kids. One of them came out after their long nap and went back into the kitchen there was a little bit left over for Sparkey and Sheba grabbed Cloud by the neck and drug her back into the living room as to say hay, you already had your dinner ... So cute, I don't remember every having a cat that acted quite like that? have you? Maybe it's how they all behave but it was kind of new to me to see that. All in all, it was just a cute family night. I wont even tell you that they all sat together in front of the tv and started to watch tv... To weird.... hehehe. Do you know Choctaw? My husband is Lakota. How long have you had Silas? how sick was he?
Scooter on top, Sparkey under. Sparkey and the group photo.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe! What a cute story! And cute kitties! Oh, my goodness!

My paternal grandmother was Choctaw. (My paternal grandfather and maternal grandparents were Irish and Scottish, first-generation Americans.) She died about 30 years ago when I was in my early teens. I can still remember bits and pieces from what she would say, but she did not speak it often so it is not much. She used to call me Little Owl because she said there was something old and mystic in my eyes.

Simon, Astrid, Estella, Fennimore, Freya, and Willow are all American Domestic Shorthaired. Tara is an American Domestic Shorthair/Siamese mix. Evangeline is a medium hair American Domestic with some Persian ancestry. Silas is questionable at the moment. My vet says he likely has Maine Coon in him. We are currently just waiting to see what he grows into.

We have had Silas for almost three weeks. I went to the Dollar General one day and saw a woman trying to reach something in the sales rack they had outside. Turns out, there were two kittens hiding inside it! She took the girl, I took the boy. He was covered in fleas, had a touch of mange behind his ears, severely malnourished, dehydration, anemia, exhausted, and so skinny he felt skeletal. And he had a heart murmur from the various issues. Our vet said that had we not gotten him when we did, he likely would not have lived much longer. He slept most of the first day and a half that we had him. He is recovering nicely, though! The heart murmur seems to have fixed itself. The vet suspected that it would when she first heard it.

Sparkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ooh, poor little guy. He is a tough little bugger and he has the cutest ears... He is going to be fun to see when he grows up. Scooter our black and white had really large ears when he was a baby we called him mouse for a long time until he grew into his ears.. LOL.
I am from Arkansas and some of my family members are Choctaw also. It's really nice to meet you and I really enjoy reading your posts.
It is helpful to be able to talk with you and share different kitty issues and tips and pic's.
Our Sparkey, ended up having asthma and he is on steroids and a puffer right now. We thought he might have gotten heartworm early on (which no one knew anything to do about) and then it turned into asthma? but we don't know if that is possible or not? We live just a few miles from the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation and everything is +/- 50 to 100 miles away and then it's a matter of finding someone who has any knowledge. I would probably have to take him to Denver co. ?.
He was pretty messed up when we got him too. A lot of flees and worms...
We found out that the kittens that were left behind (we just took him) were eaten by dogs... So sad. We were so happy that we rescued him in time.
But we got him straightened out pretty fast until he got the asthma. We worry about him a lot but as long as he is with us he is getting completely spoiled. My Bad he even has a special quilt that lays by my pillow at night so that he can let me know if he needs his puffer or not. I don't know if I'm to rediculous or not but he is so cute and he has stolen our hearts.. I seen your post on sleeping with cats. He is actually the only one who does that with success I think everyone else gets accidently kicked off during the night. hehehe.
Does Silas have to take med. for his heart? I'm curious what his symptoms were? What a sweet little guy. How upsetting to find little kittens just left like that. Our neighbor told us a story sort of like you told about the kitties being used for target practice. That is how she got her kitties. I wonder if that is common? I had never heard that before. It's terrible the things people do these days.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is nice speaking with you, too!

Our Fennimore has asthma. In addition to the inhaler and steroids, we give him krill oil, which helps reduce inflammation. The prolonged use of steroids made him gain a lot of weight. (He is at least 16 lbs.) He is a big cat anyway, but he got chubby after we started treatment. The vet is watching him for diabetes because steroid use may cause diabetes.

Fennimore is spoiled, too. They all are spoiled, but Fennimore is my big baby. Some family members would say he is my favorite. He is not. He just has a huge personality and makes me laugh often.

I ought to mention that Silas had been burned on his hip, too. It was about 2-3 weeks old when I got him, which means he was only 2 or 3 weeks old when it happened. His heart murmur was caused by dehydration, malnutrition, and anemia and not an actual heart murmur due to some congenital issue. Once he recovered some for all that, his murmur disappeared. He is still a bit underweight for his size, but he likes to eat, so I am not worried.

I am glad your friend got her cats! I just do not get the sickness that must be in these people's minds. Our vet said that she has heard a lot about people getting free kittens from Craigslist and using them as dog bait or snake food. It breaks my heart.

Because Silas has some "unusual" features according to our vet, she thinks that he and his sister might have been breeding rejects chucked out and left.

50+-100+ miles?! Wow! We live in a small village in NE Ohio, but we are only 20 minutes from bigger (20,000+) towns. We have a shelter/clinic that is about 15 miles from us, but our vet is more like 40 miles. I thought that was bad! Oh my goodness! It is our choice to drive 40 miles, though.

She has affordable prices and truly loves animals. She did not charge us for Silas's first visit, and his follow up was only $12. A typical vist, though, is $45. Our previous vet charged $90 for a checkup and was so dog crazy that he had an open dislike for cats.