New Persian very shy timid cat help

fishandbones

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So maybe 3 weeks ago I adopted a Persian female cat. I already had one cat a Siemese but I felt bad for the new Persian since the foster mom told me she was given back from her last adoption. Anyways I bought her home and set up my bedroom as her own place. After 2 weeks I decided to have the resident cat sniff her out. It was all fine but the. They got into a huge fight. The resident cat keeps stalking her. The new Persian is a very VERY timid cat. She doesn't like human interactions. She spends her day under the bed. In the morning is the only time she is playful. My resident cat is opposite of her. He is extremely affectionate almost like a dog. Idk what to do. How long until she gets the courage to get out of the bed and not be afraid of my resident cat. Btw she likes the dog more than the resident cat. Please help. I never had two cats before. Especially not a timid shy cat. My family keeps telling me to take her back but I don't want to. She isn't perfect but that doesn't mean I give up on her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fishandbones

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
BTW both are fixed aka can't have babies
Both come from foster homes so both are used to multiple cats
New cat is female fixed the resident cat is make fixed
Both have different personalities I guess. My boy is very playful and sweet. I love him so much. The female new cat is timid. Doesn't bite or anything when you hug her but I can tell she doesn't like cuddles.