New on here and like to discover what breed my little devil is!

Mrcaulfield

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello hello!
Would like to get some help from the wonderful community here. My fiancé and I adopted a beautiful kitty. Her name is Beerus...From the show dragon ball Z, in which the character she is named from was the God of Destruction. Appropriate when she was a kitten. Anyway we did some online research and believe she has Russian Blue in her. Personality matches well and most physical traits match well. But she has a pink nose and white fur on body and legs. If anyone could shed light on our situation would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Beerus and her servants.
119A025B-A920-4B77-85AB-6798C84621A3.jpeg
534DC7F4-EBE2-4553-9B7D-E232E21BA30B.jpeg
9CA65255-E91B-4CC5-8191-917C682AD759.jpeg
75F20398-D597-44A4-B168-2447E882F4D8.jpeg

Jerseymeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. The "M" on the top of the head marks the cat as a classic tabby. But tabby is not a breed. Tabby just describes the common markings. I think it is a domestic shorthair bi-color tabby. But....that's just from reading articles.
There is a good overview here: Tabby Cat Facts and the Mystery of the "M" | Pawesome Cats
And there is a link on that website to an article with photos of different tabby cats. Yours is bi-color.
There are lots of websites that will help you figure this out. Beautiful cat. Looks like my beloved Pigpen who died in 2020 and I miss him. They have a wonderful personality.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M Mrcaulfield your cat is lovely! I like the pictures you took, too.

I would describe Beerus as a blue and white domestic shorthair. Most cats are not any particular breed, and are not "mixes" of breeds, unlike dogs. That doesn't make them any less pretty or special, however! Beerus looks like a great cat :)

The blue color is caused by a recessive gene called "dilute" that is very widespread in the domestic cat population. White markings come from a dominant gene called "white spotting" which is also widespread in the population. Because white spotting is dominant, we can guess that one of Beerus's parents had white markings. However, because the dilute gene is recessive, the blue color doesn't tell us a lot about Beerus's parents, other than the fact that they both carried at least one copy of this recessive gene. Blue kittens can pop up in litters with nearly any color of parents.

Hi. The "M" on the top of the head marks the cat as a classic tabby
I can understand why you might think that... but Beerus does not appear to be a tabby. She's a blue and white cat with slight ghost markings. Most solid blue cats have faint tabby stripes as kittens. These faint stripes mostly fade as the cat matures, but may still be slightly visible even on an adult cat, especially on the tail.

Sandra Kay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
M Mrcaulfield your cat is lovely! I like the pictures you took, too.

I would describe Beerus as a blue and white domestic shorthair. Most cats are not any particular breed, and are not "mixes" of breeds, unlike dogs. That doesn't make them any less pretty or special, however! Beerus looks like a great cat :)

The blue color is caused by a recessive gene called "dilute" that is very widespread in the domestic cat population. White markings come from a dominant gene called "white spotting" which is also widespread in the population. Because white spotting is dominant, we can guess that one of Beerus's parents had white markings. However, because the dilute gene is recessive, the blue color doesn't tell us a lot about Beerus's parents, other than the fact that they both carried at least one copy of this recessive gene. Blue kittens can pop up in litters with nearly any color of parents.

I can understand why you might think that... but Beerus does not appear to be a tabby. She's a blue and white cat with slight ghost markings. Most solid blue cats have faint tabby stripes as kittens. These faint stripes mostly fade as the cat matures, but may still be slightly visible even on an adult cat, especially on the tail.
Looks like a Turkish Van with the V on the head. They come with many different colors

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like a Turkish Van with the V on the head. They come with many different colors
By "V on the head," are you referring to the inverted V on the face? The Turkish Van is a longhaired breed that is mostly white, with color restricted primarily to the top of the head and the tail. This cat is shorthaired, and also has a lot more color on the body than a Turkish Van... so I'm curious what resemblance you are seeing here?