New Nulo Minced And Shredded Cat Food

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried the new Nulo wet cat foods? Chewy has 6 new flavors, some minced, some shredded. My cats are so picky i hate to buy a whole case of a new food, but these look good.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I haven’t tried them personally, but I think they look good, being grain-free and high-protein. I’m not sure about the agar-agar, some things I’ve read said it’s similar to carrageenan, but not as bad.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven’t tried them personally, but I think they look good, being grain-free and high-protein. I’m not sure about the agar-agar, some things I’ve read said it’s similar to carrageenan, but not as bad.
Im not a fan of agar-agar either, i avoid it like i do carrageenan. I did not see agar-agar in the ingredients i will have to go back and look, i was looking at the Nulo freestyle minced beef and mackerel and the freestyle minced turkey and duck?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Im not a fan of agar-agar either, i avoid it like i do carrageenan. I did not see agar-agar in the ingredients i will have to go back and look, i was looking at the Nulo freestyle minced beef and mackerel and the freestyle minced turkey and duck?
Okay, it looks like some other Nulo flavors (like the turkey and chicken) have it, but the ones you mentioned don’t. :)

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, it looks like some other Nulo flavors (like the turkey and chicken) have it, but the ones you mentioned don’t. :)
Yes i went back in and looked too, the new ones don't seem to have it, the older flavors they have carried do, and i have never purchased them. Thank you for checking too, i have missed this in labels before and was frustrated with myself.. :( I did order the two i mentioned today, we will see what the cats think once i get it in.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Petsmart carries Nulo.
Unfortunately our town is to small for a petsmart, the nearest one is a two hour drive. we do get there occasionally, but not recently. We have a petsense in our town, but they don't carry Nulo, or a lot of brands i wish they did.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got my nulo freestyle wet food in today from Chewy. Gave them the Beef and Mackerel for lunch, they seem to like it :) We will try the minced Turkey and Duck tonight, keeping my fingers crossed!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
duckpond duckpond , I just tried the Turkey & Duck on my kitty, and she snarfed it down. :yummy:
cats are so difficult sometimes..lol i have one that loves the nulo beef and mackerel, and eats the turkey and duck well too. my other 3 will eat it, but only if i put freeze dried chicken toppers on it. I have also been trying the Koha stews, chicken, turkey, and venison. they are not fans of those, but will eat some with the chicken toppers. Glad your kitten enjoys the turkey and duck! :)