New Middle Of The Night Cat Behavior

lovemykittyboy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has recently started trying to wake me up in the middle of the night. He is an indoor/outdoor cat with his own cat door. Last spring, summer and fall he would go out in the middle of the night and would seem to only reappear when the light went on inner kitchen in the morning. This spring instead at about 1-1:30 every night he jumps on the bed and will continuously tap and pat my face and try to groom my cheeks and forehead. The only way I get any sleep past that time is if I get up, follow him out of the bedroom and then crash on the couch or recliner. He'll then let me sleep until 4-4:30 before wanting to be fed. (He has dry food available all night and there's always some there in the morning). I'm exhausted! He's never done this in the 4 years we've had him. HELP!

KatKeeper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is he going out earlier for his night activities? I live in a camper, if my cat goes out too early, she will run and jump on the roof without there being a rat up there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovemykittyboy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't think so. If I go to bed around 10pm and take a look a round for him I can't find him so I know he's out, but he'll go in and out at will once it gets dark.