new member with bombay question :-)

chloe111

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He is sooo cute! That last pic looks a lot like Chloe. My family has always liked dogs. They disliked cats probably b/c they were raised to hate them. Anyway, I always wanted a black cat just like that. So when I got my own apt., I found my pretty, perfect kitten! My parents were exasperated but definately not surprised. Then I had to bring Chloe home while I moved to another apt. My parents fell in love! We put our 13 yr. old beagle to sleep and my dad now says the only pet my mom could get is a cat! But honestly, who could not fall in love with big copper eyes like that? Chloe has transformed a lot of cat haters into cat lovers! Has Blackie done that? I'm sure he has- he is soo precious!

rene

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your cat is very beautiful, but he looks to be a domestic - he is black, not chocolate and his face is not a Bombay standard face - that is not to say he may not have characteristics similar to the Bombay or even be a cross - but a purebred cat bred to a domestic is still a domestic as is two cats from different breeds - they are domestics. Unless you know the genetics of your purebred cat and know who the mom and dad of your cat are, the cat is a domestic. However, I think you should enter him in the Household Pet category of a cat show (I don't think CFA does household pets, but all the other associations do). He is very sleek and healthy and beautiful - enjoy him for many years!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catzlvr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First off, Blacky says "thanks for all the compliments, but I'm already full-of-myself"!

I did not know about his parents, so I did have many a doubt he was pure bred, but I think he's probably a non-pedigree with bombay background. And Rene, what's the problem with being black not chocolate????? Bombays ARE black. ?? I think everyone's right he's not pure bred, but this one book, Eyewitness CATS, has pics that look exactly like him, face and everything (like I said, he comes out terrible in photos, so you coudn't see his face shape well.) By the way if you thought those awful photos were cute, you'd be amazed at the real thing! thanks eveyone, more comments are always welcome.

rene

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is nothing wrong with his being black - I read so many threads so fast I thought I had read in this thread that someone said he was chocolate and was just making the observation he was not. Just a mistake from someone who tries to read everything in the very short time she has to spend on the site. I still think you should enter him in the HHP category of a show and you will get a lot of comments on what he is or isn't from the breeders as they would be able to visually see him.

G

ghostuser

I thought that my Vader was a pure bred bombay, but I found out that he may be a bombay/burmese cross.