New member, is my cat crazy?!

molliecole

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello

My kitten is around 5 1/2 months old now, we got him at 2 months old. He was a bit mischievious at first but I put that down to him being in a new house and full of energy. However he's started to get naughty again over the last 3 or 4 days. He miaows almost constantly & is always looking high on walls/at windows or doors. As we will let him out at 7 months or so we have taken him outside a few times in our arms or on a harness to get used to the garden etc. He's also caught a couple of spiders on high walls.

I'm really just wondering if it's him being able to sense a female in heat (our next door neighbours cat is due to have or has had kittens). Or possibly just looking for spiders or have we made him want to go out too much? Will be taking him to the vet but just wanted to ask here first in case it was common. He's eating, drinking and using the litter tray as usual, he stops if you cuddle/play with him, when he eats/sleeps and has no other signs like coughs or anything.

It's driving us a little crazy as he wakes us up every night quite a lot!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

estrellalobo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you use a laser light to play with him? Weird as it seems I have a dog that does that but he is looking for the laser light...and flash of light from my phone, a mirror, or even a plate will make him look around on the walls and ceiling for hours (he is a non-barkie dog breed).

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is at his prime as far has having lots of energy is concerned. Some kittens are just more wild than others.