New Meezers on the Block

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi I was reading on here and joined to post something in Health and then i realised I'd better post an intro. to my cats.

The cats i have now are

Louis Quatorze (he thinks he is Louis XIV) a ca. 13 year old seal point shorthair who's probably a Siamese mix ( he's a rescue so I don't know his ancestry ). From what I heard, Louis had a rather varied past before he got into rescue; he spent some time at an irresponsible backyard breeder, and then escaped to look for food and meet the stray & feral girl cats, and befriended a nice person who started feeding him and she ended up responsible for getting him and his girlfriends rescued. or actually LOUIS was the hero by escaping and choosing the right person.
I adopted him in 1999 along with a cat he had bonded with in a foster home, Frankie, an older chocolate pt. who had been abused and was very nervous and distrustful. Sadly Frankie died several years ago of CRF but i am so glad he had some years of finding out that people could be kind.
Louis has been just a wonderful cat and quite a character.
Unfortunately for the past few years has had some serious health problems -- he now has diabetes, chronic pancreatitis and IBD. There have been 2 times in the last couple years where i thought i was going to lose him and he had to spend 5 days in the hospital. including just this summer. but as the IM vet said he is a fighter and both times he decided he was not ready to check out yet. he is very brave and i love him so much.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sammy, my new cat, is a 16 month old pedigreed blue point Siamese. These are some photos i had taken of him at 12 months old. As you can see he is the older body style of Siamese-- elegant but nothing extreme. (but I love all Siamese). Sammy is dual registered as a "Thai" in TICA (that is the name they are using for the Old Style Siamese; they have been accepted into Championship just this May which means that, after decades absence from the show halls in North America, Siamese cats who look like the cats that were so admired by breeders, judges and the public up to the 1960s can now compete with all the other breeds, judged by their own standard.
Sammy has sure had an easier life than any of my former cats, all from shelters or rescues. He has never known anything but love and kindness. He comes from a breeder that is like the opposite of the one where Louis was! I wanted to support an ethical breeder preserving old lines of authentic Siamese of the older type and keeping them healthy. Sammy is very typical turbo-charged young meezer; he can leap or climb to ANYwhere and he flies through the house and does aerial acrobatics chasing his wand toys. He just did a backflip at least 4 ft in the air last night! He would play fetch all day if someone would only oblige, and of course he has to share his opinions on everything. He is hilarious and a very sweet boy.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WELCOME!

Your meezers are beautiful. I love the old-fashioned type Siamese. I've never had a point-colored cat due to some prejudices of family members I used to live with, but have always wanted one.

I also have a weakness for calicoes as you can see from my signature.

Aya and I say 'hello'!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for the welcome and kind comments, Kailie, Nurseangel and Lyrajean! I sure do see some beautiful cats in your sigs...
NA, what wonderful tabby spotting - er, i mean Specking!
And Kailie I am admiring that handsome Snowshoe Imhotep and your 8 other wonderful cats!
Lyrajean, I too am fond of calicos and Aya looks like a very striking one. I see you have another cat named Midori which is also Sammy's mother's name.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your gorgeous Meezers to TCS. Thank you for sharing the pics of your kitties with us - they are lovely, you must really miss them. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome and oh my, what a handsome boy Sammy is. As you can see I'm partial to blue or lilac points.

vermontcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site!

You have some very handsome Meezer boys there.

My Meezer girls Milly and Izzy say hello to them.

I love all kinds of Meezers so I hope you post lots of pictures of your boys.

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi there, welcome to TCS. I know that you and your beautiful kitties will love it here. I just love Meezers, and I know that everyone else does too. I know you will have a grteat time here, if you need any help with anything, send me a PM (Private Message) on my Profile.

Hoping to see you around the forum,
Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.

tink80

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cats are gorgeous. My newest addition is some kind of Meezer Mix with a questionable background, he is my first and I've fast fallen in love with the breed. Glad to see you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Welcome and oh my, what a handsome boy Sammy is. As you can see I'm partial to blue or lilac points.
Yes I can see you are a fan of the dilutes!
I used to prefer seals and chocolates but I have come to love the blues and lilacs too and now i could not possibly pick a fave
I love 'em all! Sammy is my first blue point. I love his shimmery silvery looking paws! And I do love the lilacs sometimes they have an almost ethereal look.