New Kitty Visitor Becoming A Bully

Taryn Nelson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there, I have a 2 year old feral who is quite small and soft natured. She has recently made friends with a new younger male cat in the complex, he is neutered. He likes to come visit our place and spend a lot of time here, even late at night or early hours of the morning. he is quite a bulky boy and I can see is becoming much bigger than her. I'm starting to feel like he is becoming a bit rough towards her when they play and like he is trying to take over as hierarchy in the household (I have another much older male cat) he is a nice cat and I love having him visit, but he is not very loving, even if I try rub him he isn't very interested. He doesn't eat by us, he literally just comes to play and enjoy our garden and catnip, is there something I can do to stop this friendship from turning to a bullying situation.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello Taryn Nelson Taryn Nelson . :wave3:
You're in such a tight spot, being that you don't mind your 2 year old feral playing with the neighbourhood bulky boy, but at the same time don't want your feral to get hurt or bullied.
If the big boy cat will not listen to any of your verbal commands, or clapping your hands, or telling him to be less aggressive, then I think it's better not to let him play, and chill out in your garden. I know that might sound harsh, but you don't really want your girl feral to get injured, scratched, or hurt.

If there were a way to re-direct him, to stop, while he starts to get rough, with some sort of cat toy, but then at the same time, you don't really know about his vaccine status, and health, etc...so again, I'd be worried about them playing together.
I can't think of a way that you can protect your cat, and at the same time, get this neighbour cat to calmly play.

Does your feral cat run away from him? Does she go and want to hide? Or does she fight back, hiss, swat at him?
When they play, are they vocalizing a lot, with ears laid back, and fur up? Or is it rolling, tumbling, chasing?