New Kitty problems

G

ghostuser

Hi, I just found this website. This will be very helpfull in the future. Anyway, I have 2 fairly new kitties. They are brother and sister and about 3 1/2 months old. My problem is this, they are sharpening their claws on the carpet and I dont want my carpet destoyed just yet. I bought them a contraption to sharpen their claws on and it was not succesfull. Is there some spray out there that will deter them from doing that? Cinnamon or something.

Thanks bunches

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Heidi has directed you to a wonderful thread that gives excellent advice on stopping scratching. The ideas in that thread are excellent and have worked well in my household.

As you will see, the key is to keep trying new things until you find the scratching pad/post that works for your cats. Some cats like verticle scratching posts, others like scratching pads that lay on the floor. Some prefer sisal wrapped posts/pads, others prefer cardboard, and still others prefer carpet. Anyway.....read the post that Heidi gave you the link to and try the suggestions you will find there. I am sure you will be successful in redirecting this destructive behavior.