New Kitty Peeing On Resident Cat And Dog's Beds

harris4274

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, new kitty was a stray that I found, had him fixed, shots and vet ck up. Did the month long introduction. (Still not getting along with resident cats, wants to keep thumping them on the head). I have Feliway plugged in 3 rooms. But recently I have discovered that one of them (I think my new one) is peeing on the dog bed and the other cat beds. I have had him for about 4 months now, this is a new development.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry one of your cats is having this problem since bringing a new kitty into your home. Just out of curiosity, do you have enough litter boxes? It is recommended to have one more litter box than the number of cats in your household. How Many Litterboxes Should You Have?

My other thought was that maybe your cat who is peeing in the wrong place(s) is jealous. This Article may be helpful: Do Cats Get Jealous? (and What To Do About It When They Do)

I agree with abyeb abyeb that a vet appointment would be beneficial to check if he has a health problem you are not award of. Best of luck, please keep us updated. :goodluck:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

harris4274

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 4 babies and 5 boxes, I also have 4 water and food stations. it's only happened in 2 places, one was my dog's bed that is in my bedroom, and the other was the kitty bed of the only cat that tolerates him. he spends a lot of time with Greyson, I feed them together, it may not have been Wallie (he is the new one) it might have been Greyson letting him know that is her bed. I guess I need to have them both in a separate room to see if I can figure out who is doing it. I know Wallie is stressed, my orange tabby has started attacking him (she goes to the vet tomorrow to see if there is a medical reason for her to all of a sudden be aggressive). She was ok with him at first, then all of a sudden she started cornering him and stalking him. Start with the obvious I guess and work from there.