New kitty needs dental

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

How's the squirt doing this morning? I never noticed my girls getting Loopy from the meds. It just made them wide awake. Pumps has had it a few times with bladder infections and Floey with her cancer. Honeybee when she had her knee issue. But so far it's been a long time since I have used it. Glad they sent you home with the pain meds. It will help healing that much faster. I have to get Pumps in for a dental. as well as Bee Ktty. I am still trying to figure out expenses and see what's going on with my job due to the news of the parent company cooking the books and other mismanagement problems-so I will have to wait until June. So far everyone is eating and playing and happy purring away..except for the somewhat stinky mouth.  They both let me touch their mouths so gonna get a finger cat tooth brush and just try to get them used to it. Honeybee is a Hambone and lets me run my finger all around her teeth-the other one only one side then she tries to get away...dental care is good practice to keep their mouths healthy!

Glad Sammi is doing well.. The pain meds always get Artie stoned... he is so funny to watch. He will act like a kitten..rolling over and over and over, and constantly purring.

Glad Da Bee is working out for you and @Margd; Artie is tired of it.. time to give it a rest.. for a while.

I you could keep Sammy in for as long as you are able to.. it would be best for her. You do not want her chomping down on anything hard.. at least until things heal... her mouth is still raw.. 

((hugs))
Thanks you guys! I'm just taking a minute to check in. I have the guy I trade massage with coming in 15 minutes! YAY! I really need it!  He's a big, tall guy, so he lets me get mine last. Thank goodness, I couldn't give him one if I had just had one. LOL!  

Anyway, I never leave food out, but I did leave the last little bit out for her last night when I went to bed. I think it was only a tiny bit of the last half of the second 3 oz can. I gave her her meds at 10:00 & she did well. It was such a tiny amount anyway, only 2 mi.s. Went to bed around 11:30, & got up for the bathroom at 2:00, & she was up in a window, wide awake. She heard me up, so then went into the kitchen & I heard her finish the food that was there. Woke up at 7:30 ish, & she was finally laying beside me, lightly sleeping. I got up & fed her 1/2 a 5.5 oz can, & went back to bed to sleep in a bit. Woke up between 8:30/9:00, & she was in a window, then when I got up she jumped down, & ran to the litter box & used it! That was a blessing in itself!  She still hadn't gone when I was up earlier, so I put some of an old clump I had saved in a bag for just such an occasion, LOL! Glad it worked! She went almost, or right at 24 hours!!!!  I doubt she went at the vets, since she peed on the way there. 

She ate about 1/2 of the food, was doing well, seemed normal, so since she used the box & was ok, I went ahead & let her out, but I did tell her first to stay close, & not to stay out long, & make mommy worry. Well, she came back after only 40 minutes! Good girl!  I have my Pandora Enya station on now, & she is laying in the door. If she wants to go out when my friend gets here, I will probably let her, & just keep an eye out the window. Then check between trades. I also have her freshly washed towel out in her carrier on the porch, so I know she can/ may sleep there, if she wants too. Oh, here she comes to finish breakfast.

Yes, she did seem more lovey last night. Angel always did too. She rubbed against my legs more, & rolled a lot while playing. 

No, she doesn't get any hard food, so we are good there. (& think she is ok, outside, no one close by puts food out that I know of, so should be ok, but something to think about now....

As long as I'm busy today, she won't bother me to go out, so may just keep her in the rest of the day. She has peed, & she had 40 minutes outside this morning.

Hopefully she will get some sleep today, w/ this kind of music playing all day, & seems ok, w/o pain meds, so will hold off until later to give her the second dose. 

I my not be back on later, since I am getting a massage today, so if not, I will update tomorrow for sure. 

I also want to make time to listen to some talks online. If you guys haven't heard of Doreen Vertrue, check her out!  There is a Angel summit going on, it started yesterday. Mom & I listed to the first one yesterday.

It was good!  (She is a christian, & was also a psychologist) She does Angel reading, over 20 yrs now. I just found her & love it!

Here's the link!

https://www.worldangelsummit.com/le...=17447629_AT&utm_content=6975AT&utm_id=6975AT

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So happy to hear that Sammy will no longer have pain from her tooth,after it heals.Those pictures with da bird are so cute.At least she got to go out and enjoy the warm weather.Now she will be up to her tricks again.She is a very good girl and listens to mommy.Hugs to her.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So happy to hear that Sammy will no longer have pain from her tooth,after it heals.Those pictures with da bird are so cute.At least she got to go out and enjoy the warm weather.Now she will be up to her tricks again.She is a very good girl and listens to mommy.Hugs to her.

Thanks Barbara,
Sammy was so such a good girl today. I did keep her in. :)
She didn't whine or bother me at all, since I was busy. Thought she'd sleep, since the buprophine kept her awake most of last night, but she stayed in front of the door, or in a window. It got up to 73 today, so had them open. I made sure to give her more play time w/ da bird before dinner.
Im so proud of her for being such a good girl today! I work tomorrow, so will probably about keep her in, in the morning, & then let her go out when I get home sometime between 1-2. I just want to be home while she goes out. By next week, we will be back to normal. I keep waiting to see if she will use the litter box again tonight. I don't know how such a little girl holds so much! This mornings clump was like Angels big ones he used to do!
Here some pictures I took this afternoon. Talk to y'all later, it's Grey's anatomy time! ;)

[IMG ALT=""]http://www.thecatsite.com/content/type/61/id/408033/width/500/height/700[/IMG]

Lyzzie

La Folle Aux Chats
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad she didn't want to go out THAT much today.

It seems like she knows herself enough to know when she can go out safely or not ;)

You both have a great night!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad she didn't want to go out THAT much today.
It seems like she knows herself enough to know when she can go out safely or not ;)
You both have a great night!

Thanks, yes, me too! She really has been such a good girl.[emoji]128571[/emoji]
I'm so proud. As I said I would, I kept her in while I worked this morning, & let her out when I got home at 2:00. Gave her the same speach, to stay close, & dont stay out too long & make me worry. She came back just about 20-30 minutes later! [emoji]128077[/emoji]
She went back out a second time at 3:15. I vacuumed, started some laundry, & took a shower. Checked the porch, & there she was laying in her bed out there. As soon as I went to the door, she came in. Out about 45 minutes that time. Then it was her dinner time, so she was in for the night. She has really surprised me. I did give her a buprophine before bed last night, but will not give her anymore. She is fine. Hopefully she will finally get some good sleep tonight.
Thanks to everyone for your support & feedback. :)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Guys, Just updating a little. Sammie went for her follow up today.  Poor baby was so scared  & stressed out riding in the car, she started panting! So I turned the air on for the first time this yr. & pointed all vents in her direction!  That scared me. Angel never did that, & usually quieted down after a few minutes. 

They just took her back, since it was just a quick look in her mouth. The vet brought her out & said "She's perfect!"  So all healed up w/ no issues. She said the panting was just stress, to put the air on, & I told her I did. 

So, hopefully now, we won't have to go back for almost another year, until shot time. November? I think? 

She has also stayed at 9.8 lbs, so that makes me happy.  I sometimes worry if she eats anywhere else, so I never let her out in the mornings w/o her eating first.

Hopefully she isn't, since her weight has stayed the same. 

Thanks again you guys!! XO!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Wonderful news on all counts!  Well, except the stress of course, but you took care of that. 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wonderful news on all counts!  Well, except the stress of course, but you took care of that. 
Thanks margd! Yes, poor girl. She didn't even eat all of a 3 oz can of sheba chicken this morning, so when we got home, I opened a 5.5 oz of salmon pate, & gave her 1/2. She ate some, but is still working on it little, by little. I knew she'd like that so wanted to give that to her for dinner.  

Now, she's just laying quietly in front of the glass door, half asleep.