New kitty cushion/bed

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Doesn't she like it?

My cats adore sheepskins .. if I put sheepskin anywhere they're onto it.

Catnip? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephiedoodle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's very tetative about it we have it currently atop of our 'blanket box' in the lounge where she normally likes to lounge when not in the bed or perch of her cat tree. I may try catnip though all I have is the dried stuff would a spray work better?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
If she likes catnip I think the spray would work a treat.  I don't suppose you have any Feliway spray?

stephiedoodle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Neither to hand as we've never really had cause to use it. I used dried cat nip to rub into the posts of the cat tree 

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you would put a heated pet pad under a hand towel in it, she would love it! They are well worth the investment and I can't hardly get my cats to leave them! Just put them away in the summer. I have them in all my cat beds, plus you can replace or wash the towel when it gets too hairy, it's really hard to clean those beds. Good luck!

stephiedoodle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I cant get the pad inside would have to go under and its rather thick i dunno if it would work she was the sam with her first bed and it took her breaking her leg two ops on that and being spayed to use the original

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They usually have different sized pads, I have unzipped the cover and taken out the 'heater' part, it's usually a lot smaller too, just make sure you wrap it in a blanket before putting in the bed, that might work since they almost always come with a larger removable cover. Good luck!

stephiedoodle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The cover off this bed isn't removeable its a sewn shut cover all the way around with what I guess is fiber fill like the stuff in teddies and pillows inside it. No zippers and no way of putting a heat pad inside. Simply not possible. I may just have to resign myself to the fact she probably won't ever use the bed.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That's cats for you 
 Don't lose hope just yet. Try placing it in different spots in the house, preferably warm and sunny ones. You may eventually find the right combination which appeals to her.

stephiedoodle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Will try that today she seems to like the foot of my bed and my daughters bed so it may be worth putting it there

stephiedoodle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The kitty cushion is now seeing some use had it on my daughters bed and the cat hopped straight on purring happy at least until my daughter decided it didnt belong there shooed the cat and chucked the cushion off her bed so now its on my bed with much the same effect though less purring for some reason she loved my little girls room!