We've had Bengali, Chai, and Annacat for 2 weeks and took them for their first vet visit yesterday to find out that the scabby patches on their ears is most likely not from aggressive kitten play like the rescue told us and is ringworm. They took a culture, gave us Douxo Chlorhexidine Mousse to apply every 3 days, and advised us to thoroughly decontaminate our house while locking these 3 little love bugs (no pun intended) in a small bathroom. I'm upset because Chai and Annacat are a bit shy anyway and it seems like horrible punishment to confine them like that. We also bought a $300 cat tree that they love and the vet is telling us to throw it out. In reading about this mousse treatment, it says it's toxic if ingested, but the cats are going to ingest it because cats clean themselves. It also says to keep away from ears, eyes, and mouth, but it's on all 3 of their ears and Annacat has a spot above her eye. On the bright side, we have area rugs and hardwood floors in all but 2 rooms so we can roll them up and ship them out to be cleaned - even though it will be a small fortune. This site gave me some comfort about the rest of it and I'm hoping that I can use Vibax to scrub down the cat tree then let it air dry in the sun. If it ends up with bleached out spots, I can live with that. So has anyone had experience using this Douxo Chlorhexidine Mousse? Does it cause them to be ill?