New Kitten

DPGM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all

I have a 4 year old spayed female Tabby.

She is an indoor cat.

She is clean and well behaved no outside litter box issues.

She was put in a cattery for 2 weeks and didn't like the experience, she hissed at the owner and other cats.

She goes nuts when she spots cats in our garden

I am wondering if getting a kitten to keep her company is a good idea

Do you think she will accept it

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi D DPGM

It sounds as if your cat is very happy being the only pet in the house. Some cats prefer it that way, there's no need to add another kitten to the mix if she gets angry just seeing other cats through the window.

Why were you thinking of getting another kitten? Does she seem bored? There are lots of other ways you can enrich her life if that is the case.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DPGM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
Thanks for your reply.
Every now and then I wonder if I am doing the right thing by having her on her own.

She is very happy and has plenty of interaction with us, toys and the outside world.

You have put my my at rest, many thanks 😊

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have a very territorial female. When I found a kitten years ago (also a female) I kept the kitten confined and introduced them slowly. My older female was not happy at first, but we kept the introductions slow and didn't push anyone. I worked up to them on opposite sides of a baby gate, and once that went well, they began to mix. I did wait until the kitten was a bit older and stronger (4 months or so).
If you want another kitten for you some day, she might do better with a male kitten, around the 8-12 week mark. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DPGM

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a very territorial female. When I found a kitten years ago (also a female) I kept the kitten confined and introduced them slowly. My older female was not happy at first, but we kept the introductions slow and didn't push anyone. I worked up to them on opposite sides of a baby gate, and once that went well, they began to mix. I did wait until the kitten was a bit older and stronger (4 months or so).
If you want another kitten for you some day, she might do better with a male kitten, around the 8-12 week mark. :)
Good advice, many thanks