New Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alexisparmley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I understand your stress. You're a cat mom, and you're worried about your baby boy, Leo. :petcat: But you're here, and asking questions, so that's all good.

When Leo threw up, was it undigested food, a hairball, or a clear liquid? That might help determine the cause.

And about the kitten trying to eat Leo's food, are you leaving kitten food out for her 24/7. She's still really young, so has a tiny tummy, that will get full fast, and also empty fast. So generally the advice for kittens is to leave dry kitten food out for them all the time. Once they're about a year old, then you start to measure what they eat. Some canned food is good too. You can buy small cans of kitten food at Petsmart, and other pet care stores.

And, lastly, definitely Leo running out the door is a concern. Here's a TCS article on How To Prevent Your Cat From Darting Out The Door | TheCatSite that might have some tips for you.
Leo's food was like a clump of brown and little pieces of kibble so undigested i guess, there was no bile or any discolored just kibble. His kibble is brown, thats why i thought he mightve just eaten too fast and too much trying to get as much in.
i do leave her food out in a low small bowl, Leo doesnt eat his meals in full so i give him very small portions when hes hungry and i sit with him while he eats and what he doesnt eat i put back in his food container. I did leave his food out for him trying to coax him into the room while shes not in there but when i was putting her back into her room she ran over and started chomping and now even going as far to try and chase Leo away from his bowl while he eats (i put her away and sit with him while he eats now) i put up his litter box as well because she kept getting in it so I'd remove her then put it up. I look when Leo goes into the room to see if he wants food/water or to go to the bathroom now. Her litter box and food are always at full access to her though as Leo doesn't care for it at all.
They are doing a lot better today and even Leo showing his stomach and slow blinking and calm gestures even when shes around, it was needless worry but i fret lol, i just want to make sure theyre both safe and happy in their environments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HOWEVER...eating too fast doesn't mean that anything horrible is going on with the introductions! Especially if this is a one-off. IF it becomes a pattern, we can address that IF necessary!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alexisparmley

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone :) thank you so much for all your advice and help, i think Leo did react fairly badly the day I was talking about however like i said in my previous recent posts he has warmed up, it been a little over a week and he's already completely taken to her! Treating each other like siblings, he takes her to the litter box too sometimes and sits with her! Theyve even knocked over a few things and chased each other throughout the house, being mischievous! So glad i adopted a kitten with so much life, Leo seems so happy and way less clingy than he was to me, although Venus has been grooming me and sleeping on my chest most nights! Thanks for your support and heres and update on just how well theyre getting along:

Attachments