New Kitten

tammy3864

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i need some help. I have a 2yr old male and I just got a 12 week old female. I’ve taken a week to introduce them but for the last two days my 2yr old won’t eat not even his fav. treats. He goes in the room when I say let’s get treats he’s all excited but when I put them down he just sniff them snd walks away. No food eating either. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Can you get him to the vet? The not eating could be stress, but you'd want to be sure it isn't health related.
Also, you could try playing music; There's classical harp music, the app Relax My Cat, kusc.org and also Musicforcats.com

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tammy3864

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! Can you get him to the vet? The not eating could be stress, but you'd want to be sure it isn't health related.
Also, you could try playing music; There's classical harp music, the app Relax My Cat, kusc.org and also Musicforcats.com
I did he went in today and he seems to think , since he has a BIG under bite he gets gingivitis. He had it in feb and took antibiotics and has been good till now. So we’ll see what happens in the few days. The cats are good their together they playing and having a ball today.

B21999999

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
About 2 and a half weeks ago we introduced our resident 2 year old rescue to a 3 month old rescue (both girls) and for the first few days our RC didn't eat or go to the bathroom. We could tell she was really stressed, mostly because the kitten was super energetic while she is more skittish. They started playing together through the door, then in the same room, and today they just started cleaning each other. Maybe it was just nerves like our cat. She wouldn't touch her favorite treats either for the first few days.