New Kitten

coolkeaton

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently got a new female kitten and we've kept her and my female 4 y/o cat completely separate but we've shown my adult cat our kitten a few times. She's gotten huffy and hissed each time so we bring the kitten back into our bedroom. My adult cat has always been territorial and gotten angry with other cats and the cats outside. When we first moved in she became very aggressive and attacked our windows and growled because of neighborhood strays but after a week she stopped entirely. Now with the new kitten my older at hasn't played or done anything in our living room where shes at right now. She just seems to eat all the time and won't let me hold her or snuggle. How do I show her that she's still just as important to me as always? And how should I start introducing the new kitten to her?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watch Jackson Galaxy's video on cat introductions. It's great advice. Other than that, remember that you'll be going at their pace and it could take a while.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These articles clearly explain the introduction process. Just remember to stay patient - introductions typically take weeks or months, so don't expect quick results. Slow and steady is always the best way to go with cats.[article="32680"][/article][article="29726"][/article][article="32804"][/article][article="30307"][/article][article="30316"][/article]