New Kitten Puking

KFor3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Help! My husband and I adopted 2 kittens from our local humane society today. We’re following the suggestion of the HS to introduce them 1 room at a time. We secluded them to 1 room when we brought them home. This evening, one of the kittens, Doo wanted out of the room, so we’ve been letting him explore the house as he pleases. His brother, Daba, however is not adjusting as well. He started puking the second we got home, and has been puking ever since. He’s puked about 15 times now in the last 5 hours. He refused to eat any dinner, is barely drinking water, and is hiding in the litter box in the original room. I know it will take him a while to adjust to their new surroundings, but I am worried about his puking and lack of eating. We’re first time cat owners, so I have no idea if this is normal or not. Do I need to take him to the vets tomorrow? Is it something that will stop once he’s more comfortable? Any advise would be much appreciated!!! Thanks!!!

Wile

Opener of cans
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Puking 15 times in the last 5 hours, refusing to drink and hiding is not normal - these are all signs of a sick cat. I would get that kitten to your local emergency vet soon as possible to get him checked out.

I hope he feels better soon!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely get him to an emergency vet. Kittens have little reserves for illnesses and dehydration.