New Kitten owner!

katiebee2611

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello All!

My name is Kate and I am a first time cat owner! With my Google history filled with nothing but cat related searches I figured I should join a forum because clearly I have a lot of questions lol.

Well a little background.. My boyfriend and I are typically

Now for the Male... I started by addressing him as Mr. Sir and that just stuck so now we just call him Sir lol

He is way opposite of Loki, hes not shy I would say he just is more reserved. He loves to be pet and purrs when you pet him, he licked my face the other day but he is still hesitant to come out and explore. (which is OK) Ive just been leaving him to come out on his own. Although he still wont come by me out of the office at least now he plays with with his toys and lets us play with him.. so baby steps!

I consider him a tuxedo cat? but like I said my knowledge of cats is Google.. So please correct me if I'm wrong

I don't want him to hate me though so I haven't gotten all that many pictures of him. . . yet :p

and excuse my cardboard box.. my house is filled at the moment with any and every box I could find lol.

Well that's it for now! I love taking pictures so I'm sure there will be more post to come .. as well as questions! Thanks for reading!

-Kate

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Kate, 
 Sir and Loki are little heart melters!  Sir is such a tidy little Tuxedo in your photos, very sweet, and Loki's bib is just purrfect. <3  I am sorry that you lost Bailey when he was so young, but the gift of taking cats in to your life now is a wonderful one and I hope your two little felines are helping your home come back to life.

I look forward to seeing lots of fun posts and pictures from you as well as any questions and new kitty people advice that you have.  Welcome to TCS. 

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to the site :wavey:

What two gorgeous kitties you have. Im so sorry about your dog I think most of us on here can relate to this :rbheart:

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of these beautiful kitties of yours :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiebee2611

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you both! Yes the cats definitely have brought life back into the house :) I look forward to posting on this forum and getting experienced cat owners advice :D

skyefoxx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can definitely relate.  I lost my cat, Thomas, last June.  After you lose a pet, especially an only animal.  The house just seems terribly empty and doesn't quite feel like home anymore.  I ended up getting 3 more cats since then.  Getting kittens instead of another dog was definitely a good choice.  In my situation I wouldn't be able to care for a dog but I feel it would have been so much easier.  When I first brought home my kitten Abby,  it took me a long time to get over the "you're adorable but you're not my cat!" feeling.  I had to buy all new supplies because I wouldn't let her nor any other cat use his things!  On a brighter note, your kittens are adorable!  I'm sure you'll have an awesome time with them.  Good luck!

oreomama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hello All!

My name is Kate and I am a first time cat owner! With my Google history filled with nothing but cat related searches I figured I should join a forum because clearly I have a lot of questions lol.
I am a first time cat owner too and I know exactly what you mean! haha Looking forward to figuring things out together.

Loki & Sir are so adorable! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiebee2611

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well its good to know that there are others out there that understand how bad a loss is.I still feel as though I got robbed because she was so young AND so perfect for me. BUT on a less depressing note, Lol thats funny you mentioned that you needed to get new supplies cuz I am still hoarding my dogs favorite blanket and toys that she loved. I know I will never use them but they mean to much to me to just toss (and are in no condition to donate) lol the stuffed animals head is hanging on by a thread. I look forward to the new experiences cats bring. For instance im trying to reply on my tablet and Loki keeps zooming it in and hitting the keyboard..crazy cat.. thank you everyone for the nice replies I honestly wasnt expecting this many! Looking forward to the help! :D

skyefoxx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh good I'm not the only one that does that!!  I have Thomas' old water bowl in my bed.  He'd had it since the day I brought him home and I couldn't let it go!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! The grey kitty looks so much like my Marilyn! They are all gorgeous cats, BTW.

smouse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vancouver Canada and The Dominican Republic
oh they're gorgeous. One of them favors my rescue boy Tink. He's a three legged little guy but it sure doesn't stop him. I'll send a picture so you can see the resemblance.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. And, myself (along with many on the site from what I have read) can totally relate.

I'm so glad you gave these guys a chance. It looks like they have a wonderful life with you. And good for you for adopting them