New kitten name

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So - I have a three month old mau girl coming and I need to come up with a registered name. Her parents both have Dance in their names, Let's Dance and Chance to Dance. I have been using dance inspired names as well, with Azshara Sarabande. I prefer to use registered names that can be call names as well; I get so confused trying to figure out who is who from pedigrees where the cat names are not the ones I know them as.. For example, my new girl's parents are known as Bianca and Diesel.

The new kitten will be Emau's *blank* of Azshara, and I need to come up with *blank*. Any ideas?

I like Allegria (Ally), which is supposeldy 'joyful' in italian.

Thought of Modern Dance (Maudie) - as Let's Dance reminds me of David Bowie's Modern Love.

Musetta (Muse)

I'll post pictures of her as soon as she gets here. She's a silver Egyptian Mau.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Musetta" reminds me of Musetta from "La Boheme", a Puccini opera that I only know about because it inspired the musical Rent and the character Maureen, who is a flirty, energetic, eccentric performance artist.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think I will stick with the 'Dance' theme as this new kitten is a descendant of GC NW Emau's Dancing inthe Dark of Mautrix, DM (now GP NW Emau's Dancing inthe Dark of Mautrix, DM - so.. Emau's Modern Love of Azshara... I think I could get used to calling a kitten Maudie, or even Maddie.

How's that for titles!?

:) 

I passed it by the lady who bred her and she thought it was wonderful.

Last edited: