New Kitten Lex. What Does She Look Like?

Jamesf553

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys, just got this new kitten from the shelter, she's approximately 5 months old and she's doing great!

Her papers from the adoption agency just said "Domestic Long Hair" but I just wanted to get peoples opinion on what kind of breed/mix she looks like. I read that maine coons have a lot of her features like the super long tail, wide round eyes, and tufts of fur on her paws which she has. But my wife mentioned she also looks like a turkish angora.

Was just curious! Thank you!

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'd probably go with Mediumhair for her, she doesn't have the super plumed tail or long ear furnishings of a longhair. Maine Coons are longhairs, as well as having a more muscular build (your girl is more slender), and being very large. She is closer to a Turkish Angora lookalike, but she doesn't have the same tail plume as the Turkish Angoras. They're also a very rare breed. In that top view picture, she looks like she has a naturally lean build (with her shoulder blades close together). So it's possible she might have some Oriental influence, but short of a DNA test, this is impossible to know for sure, so she'd still be called a Domestic Longhair. Lex is a very striking cat for sure!