New Kitten Health concern

Katsols

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!

Last month my friend found a kitten under her car and asked me if I wanted him, of course i agreed.
He already had his first checkup and started on his vaccinations.

First visit I had to get a stool sample to check for worms which came back normal, they also told me his coat is not very bright.

Today, 3 weeks later was his second round of shots and they told me his belly is a bit full still and again coat not as bright as it should be. They gave him more de-wormer and they asked for another stool sample, so now I'm getting worried and trying to feel his belly... I started looking up things and I only freaked myself out more of course.

He will be 9 weeks tomorrow.
I attached some pictures of how he looks.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Are they providing any suggestions regarding how to get his coat brighter other than more dewormer?
Are you seeing worms being expelled into his litterbox?

By the way, what are you feeding him?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
His coat will improve with a solid kitten food over the next couple of months. Be sure you're feeding both canned food and dry food. It's very common for kitties to need more than one round of de-wormer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katsols

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Are they providing any suggestions regarding how to get his coat brighter other than more dewormer?
Are you seeing worms being expelled into his litterbox?

By the way, what are you feeding him?
Honestly I was nervous and distracted at the moment that I forgot to ask, it was the vet tech telling me what vet said and I can't even come in to talk because of corona.
Definitely haven't seen worms.
I am feeding him wellness kitten and i mix it with weruva pumpkin patch because once he did not poop for almost 48 hrs.
Sometimes when i scoop his poo there are well formed ones and sometimes i see pebbles too.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It sounds to me as though you're doing a very good job, hang in there! Let us know how things go :heartshape:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katsols

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This morning he had a very well formed and surprisingly big stool! I'm assuming he was probably a little constipated, perhaps it really was worms?
But at least I have a fresh stool sample it's very hard to catch him during bc he usually goes while I'm at work or late at night.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay for good poops!! Sounds like you're doing all the right things. He just needs time to settle in and he'll soon be growing like a weed.