New Kitten growling and hissing at resident kitten

ilovelucykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had lucy for about a month now (we found her almost dead in the road) she’s approximately 6-8 weeks old. We just recently got another 8 week old male kitten that we named ranger. The first visit went well because Lucy was somewhat distracted and don’t bother Ranger all too much. Then when they were alone together (with my supervision) Lucy was all over ranger and he was hissing and growling at her, I knew he was overwhelmed so I separated them for the night and spent time with ranger trying to make him comfortable. A few hours later I put them both back together and attempted to get them to play with the same toy but Lucy is a bit of a crackhead and just followed Ranger around and he started hissing again. Today I was working and my mom took care of them separately. I got home from work and brought lucy upstairs. They started playing? or fighting? and Ranger was growling and hissing but wasn’t running away or tucking his ears. When it was just hissing every now and then i let it continue but when he started growling i separated them. I only got a video of the beginning not when it was more aggressive. I’m just worried. I don’t want him to hate her. I am keeping her no matter what because I literally revived her from the dead and we have a special bond. If it doesn’t work out I am taking him back to his original l yet for his foster mom to find him a better suited home. Please help :(

Attachments

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Growling and hissing is something to be expected when two cats or kittens meet. It doesn’t mean mich Of anything except that they aren’t comfortable with one another yet But fortunately kittens get over it in no time. I would let them be together as much as you or your mom can supervision but I am betting within a few hours they will become playmates and friends.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens this young always become friends no matter what you do. You don't need to worry about micromanaging the process. Just let them do their thing; it shouldn't take too long.