New Kitten, Dry Patch On Paw

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys ! I just adopted a 4 month old male kitten from pet valu. He had his shots and is spayed. I've had him for now a week. I noticed a dry patch / slightly bald on his left paw. Is this due to just dry skin or maybe scratching? It doesn't seem to hurt him or cause him any discomfort.

Any advice would be helpful.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Uploaded two pictures with this post

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So you don't see him chewing at it? My first thought was that perhaps it's ringworm, although I can't really see that well in the picture. You could always take him in and have a skin scraping done. It IS unusual for cats to have dry patches in their fur like that.

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So you don't see him chewing at it? My first thought was that perhaps it's ringworm, although I can't really see that well in the picture. You could always take him in and have a skin scraping done. It IS unusual for cats to have dry patches in their fur like that.
Nope I don't see him chewing at it at all, completely unbothered by it.

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Years ago, I had a cat who suddenly had a round bald patch on his front leg. Took him to the vet and it turned out to be ringworm.

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah I'm not sure if I should rush to the vet as it's not completely bald and there is no redness or bump at all, just dry.